The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Roy Kneppers Coin Wallet for morgans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
For someone looking for a coin wallet for your coins, there are many options. Coin purses, which of course will hold the coins but aren't exactly compact and the coins will slide around, not an ideal holder for shells.

There seems to be many coin holders on the market, I recently ordered a coin wallet from the custom gaffed coiner Roy. He makes all types of products, from custom gaffed coins, sh**ls,C/S coins and accessories. I placed an order for his half dollar leather coin wallet. Even though I don't own any coin shells, this wallet is ideal for them. It's mean't to hold a decent amount of coins plus a shell. You nest the shell and coin together as one, and the shell is protected. Orginally I wanted to order the one on his website. He emailed me back and to my surprise said he had a morgan dollar size wallet that's suited for morgans but that he hadn't listed it available on his website yet.

So I bought that one. Seeing I'm the first to get a morgan dollar wallet from him, this is the first review of such..

I have 5 morgans. I bought uncirculated or "new" morgans to use in my routines from "Sick" by ponta the smith. 5 is the most you need for the winged silver routine. After losing a morgan dollar that fell out of my pocket, and being this was an uncirculated morgan, which are quite expensive, I decided I needed to purchase a coin wallet. Something that could easily fit in my pocket.

This leather coin wallet for morgans is very nice. Made of pure leather, and handmade by Roy, it has 4 pockets instead of the 8 that the half dollar has. It has velcro on the side to shut it close. It's designed to hold 4 coins, however I was very easily able to put a 5th in there. My only minor concern with the wallet is that being leather, when I received it the leather was frayed a little bit in one spot. But I feel there's an advtange to leather as well. It can stretch, unlike vinyl. I think the wallet is very good quality and will last a long time.

Here are some pictures of the wallet:
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
The Only Problem is if it is made out of just leather the coins will tarnish and if you have a shelled coin the coin in it will tarnish on just one side and not both. But that's the same problem with all leather made coin holders. The JOC Wallets are great they have cloth inside and are made out of leather. also Bob Kohler, if he still has them, has an amazing coin purse that locks your coins in and wont tarnish them either. There is also a way of locking two different coins in the folds of the purse so they don't mix with the main coins inside.

For me coins that come out of a folded coin purse like these, might send the wrong message. I don't want them to feel these are anything special or fragile, they are just some old coins, that's all folks, nothing to see, keep moving. But if it works for you and your style that's what is important.

Best Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Thanks Brad. What are the JOC wallets?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Roy Kneppers Coin Wallet for morgans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL