The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Favourite Jumbo Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
225 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
What's your favourite Jumbo effect to perform? I really like the Norm Neilson Dinamo spot card. Just thought this might make an interesting thread.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6164 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I love a crazy card effect by Gaeton Bloom called Torn & Restored Oil & water... in his lecture notes he describes it with regular cards, but at the end he mentions it can be done with jumbos. As soon as I read that I made them in Jumbo and it is now visible to a larger audience.
Second favorite is Ton Osaka's Lucky Lady.
Third, Jumbo McCombical Prediction.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
"Cloroxo" (Steve Spill)
"One arrow. One life."
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
225 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
John, where is this written up? can you please provide a reference? What is the effect?
Thanks

Quote:
On 2002-04-16 06:32, John Pezzullo wrote:
"Cloroxo" (Steve Spill)
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
John,

I don't know if "Cloroxo" has been put into print. I watched a performance only video featuring Steve Spill several years ago and this was one of the effects that appeared on the video.

The effect is basically a two-phase 'tabled cutting the aces' routine using a jumbo deck with a colour changing deck finish.

On the video, Steve Spill performs the effect in a 'bar magic' type setting with a comedy presentation. The audience, defintely one made up of lay people, reacted strongly to the colour change climax.

Regards,

John
"One arrow. One life."
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
414 Posts

Profile of kris attard
My favourite jumbo card effect has to be joe riding's The Only 3 Card Trick In The World With 4 Cards. In effect, it is like the classic Ken Brooke Sidewalk Suhffle. 3 red cards and one black. You play a monte type game with the black, and it always disappears from where you put it, only to appear somewhere else. Pretty baffling. Climax is that you fool the know it alls completely, ending up with 3 blacks and 1 red. What I love about it is that it uses no fake cards.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
I'd like to second Kris' vote for The Only 3 Card Trick In The World With 4 Cards. It is a wonderful routine.

-Uli
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
Put me down for another vote for the Joe Riding 3 Card Trick With 4 Cards. Have been using this ever since I saw Doug Henning do it many years ago at Pantages theater in LA. Fooled me very badly till I got it. Very effective. Have quieted audiences of unruly teenagers with this routine.
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

Pips a plenty is a strong effect, in the right hands.

Yours faithfully

:devilish: Dan Kirsch Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Favourite Jumbo Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL