The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Quartzsite AZ Flea Markets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
Has any one displayed a Zibit or Sideshow act at Quartzsite in Jan. or Feb.?
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
I played there with the Circus...did well, But that was 25 years ago...Neat Monument to the Camel Corps there also...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I believe Slim Price did. Can't be too sure though...
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I donated one to Slim to help him out through hard times but not sure if he showed it or not. The idea was to just have it in a box with a small sign on his wheel chair.

I'll ask Jennie. Jennie was kind enough to return it to me and it is now in a special private collection in northern California. (No, I didn't sell it.)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
Doug,
They have huge flea markets there in Jan . and Feb., Most of the people are retired snowbirds. Do you think it would be a good place to set up a Zibit?
I'm looking for an excuse to take my camper to AZ for a month while its cold here in Colo.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
All depends on the 'walk by traffic' and which 'event' you park at. There are people of ALL kinds of interests. I'd love to have tried it myself. Occasional 'drive bys' ain't gonna cut it but if you can get where the throngs are...then again if your looking for an 'excuse'...you got one! Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Don't get me wrong I love Zibits, but isn't the Arizona weather a good enough excuse to come here?

Good Luck,
Fitz

P.S. Don't come right now, it's 105F today.
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
The weather is a good enough excuse, so get yer butt out here. I'd say the best times are November through the end of January, the second week in February is kinda pushing it. People are starting to go home, and stragglers are here in March. Though I have noticed that there aren't as many people coming in the last 2-3 years.

I'd say go for it.

jennie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Quartzsite AZ Flea Markets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL