The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Priceless moments (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Had an awesome experience doing a routine this week. I have been doing linking rings for 20 some years, and I use the line, as the boy hands the ring to the girl" I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride..." stock joke, well today the boy (8 years old)goes over and plants a huge kiss on the girl(6-7 yrs) ,right on the lips. She breaks out in the giggles and it brings the house down. It was awesome. There are some of those impromptu things you have happen and then later try to script them in, this is a one of those 1 time things, never to be repeated, but will be often told by me as it was priceless.

Any one else have a fun story to share Smile
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I was in a talent show in Los Angeles. My final trick was to produce a dove. Standing in front of the mic, the dove started cooing. I did the stage whisper (loud enough to be heard), "shut up, your ruining the act". I then produce the dove and he took off over the audience. I had a starter pistol on my table, so I picked it up and started shooting at it. The audiece roared in laughter. I took 1st place in my catagory that night.

The following month, all the 1st place winners from around California competed against each other. I tried to repeat the same ending. Of course the dove didn't make a peep. After producing it, I tried to get it to fly away again. It held onto my finger for dear life so I could not repeat the 'adlib' ending. I still took 2nd place though.

I found out later that male doves coo and females don't. If I only knew.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Nice!!!!
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
490 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
I remember a story out of a book of David Ginn: He did a show and in the front row there was a boy eating his hamburger. Maybe 30 oder 45 minutes after the show startet the boy was still eating his burger. Then a trick or gag scared the audience and then the boy spit the burger out of his mouth onto the stage ;-)
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
A recent conversation I had with 5 year old girl:

"You're the best magician I've ever seen"
"Thanks, how many magicians have you seen?"
"2"
"Was one of them me?"
"Yes"
"What was the other magician like?"
"Rubbish"
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Great stuff.

I once was doing a family stage show in a theater. Had a nice size crowd of around 500. I am doing a dove sequence and produced the dove to a great applause. I quickly took a bow at which point 2 things happened. 1) my pants split right down the seam and 2) the dove took off into the audience.

Now I have 2 major problems. I have central air conditioning on my back side and a dove who will probably perch in the rafters or some ladies hairdo. I made up my mind not to turn or bend over or even really move.

Just then the audience started to clap loudly. I was wondering if they noticed the tigtie whities showing through the back side of my tux pants. Nope. The bird took off and flew 2 inches above the heads of the audience. He gets to the back of the theater and I decide "what the hell."

I put up my hand in hopes he sees it. All the while I am trying to keep my pants from falling down. Just then the bird comes circling around the other side 2 inches above the crowd and swoops and lans on my perched finger.

The crowd goes freeken CRAZY and standing ovation for the longest toss out dove return in history of magic. lol I could not do that if I tried. The audience is on their feet and my stage crew is looking at me like WTF??

Well lets just say that the last 2 routines were never performed that evening and I rushed back stage, got a new pair of pants and came back out for an encore. To this day that audience thinks I had that dove trained to do that. lol

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Gotta love those doves Smile
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Lol!!!!! so many moments
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Two come to mind. I'm doing a birthday party for adults but there is one little boy. I decide to have him assist me with one routine. I ask him his name and then his age. He tells me that he's "4 3/4 years old." So I say "when will you be 5?" He thinks about for a couple of seconds and then, with perfect comedic timing, says "on my birthday." The adults are laughing hysterically and I'm trying to figure out how to cue kids to say that in the future!

The second one happened at the end of a birthday party show. The birthday boy had just turned 5. At the end of the show, I open one of the goodie bags I provide and go through the items so that the kids will know what they are. I always finish with the Fortune Teller Fish. I put it on his hand and no matter what it does, I say the head and tail are moving. I read the back of the package and say to the boy "do you know what it says? It says your in love." Typically, the boys deny this vehemently (I've had a couple throw the fish down) but on this day, I got a different reaction. The little boy sheepishly nods his head up and down. I quietly say "what's her name" and he points to a little girl in the front row. I had no idea 4 year old girls could blush like that! Her cheeks flushed and all the parents just went "awww!" It was the cutest moment.

I don't think I'll ever forget those two moments.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
A few months ago I was doing an effect for this 5yr old girl and we we're talking about wishes. Any way I asked her to think about what she would wish for if she had one wish to wish and before I'd finished the intro to the effect she blurted out 'I would wish for my Daddies back to get better' he was standing by the side of us the look on his face as he looked at her... Priceless.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
About 8or9 years ago I was at a friends house and she was watching her 6yr old Grandson, any way there was this cardboard shreck mask lying nearby and I don't know why I put it on and started talking to the little man as if I were Shreck asking him about his day and if he'd ever seen me on TV, copying his voice trying to make him belly laugh. The look in his eyes through the mask was magical. I fully believe he thought I was Shreck.

So I takes the mask off and the look of surprise on his face will forever stay with me. He pushed me away and said ' You tricked me Dec' and burst into laughter, I think at the thought of what we'd just done.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Priceless moments (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL