The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Giacomo Bertini's One Man Parade (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I came across a great interview and One Man Parade by Italian coin man Giacomo Bertini in the September 2010 issue of The Linking Ring. Giacomo tips his work on his wonderful Pinky Subtlety and various applications. There's also a cool routine called "Portable Hole Production" which has some David Roth inspiration but has been taken up a notch with a nice kicker at the end.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
It is great to see some of his ideas in print, albeit briefly. I haven't worked through the material yet, but it looks nice.
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
If you get a chance, I recommend Bertini's Revolutionary Coin Technique DVD. He teaches his techniques on the DVD. Steve Draun does the voice overs and production. It is well worth a look.
John
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Thanks for the tip JM. Do you know if there's a version that plays in regular DVD drives, not Windows Media Player?
Douglas Lippert
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
Unfortunately, there is no other version of Bertini's first work besides the Windows Media Player version.

Bertini is brilliant!

However, the "DVD" is horribly produced - it should be pulled and reproduced so that it works on folks' DVD players. Hopefully Mr. Bertini's next project will take advantage of the more modern technolgies available today. His advisors must be recommending this as well - one can only hope.
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
I am trying practicing Bertini's "Pinky Subtlety" technique shown in the DVD. At the beginning seems kind of difficult but just after a couple of days all the moves involve in the basic technique start to feel right.

Will be interesting to hear comments from people trying this technique as well.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
My pinky is under used in many areas.

It gets stretched in both my ukulele, guitar and use of Mr. Bertini's coin artistry.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
PetePennekett
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of PetePennekett
I've just read the article in question - A really good read!

I thought it was interesting that he felt Bobo was outdated (In fairness to him the article suggested that due to his not speaking English he hadn't read Modern Coin Magic; Only some of Bobo's work that had been translated into French).

The sleights displayed in the article look as though they could really add something to a lot of routines, just need to get the little fingers moving!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I love Bertini's work, it's quite innovative. I would put what he does right there with what Ponta does as to uniqueness. I like all the stretching for other ways in this stuff. It's what truly progresses us and helps us move the needle. Love the thinking and application.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

All this pinky action has improved my pinky count! Smile
Douglas Lippert
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
I liked his Kap's subtlety version combined with the Spider Vanish gestures to show his dirty hand empty.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Giacomo Bertini's One Man Parade (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL