The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where is Dreadnaught? I figured out who Jack the Ripper was... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Ladies, gentlemen, and those that are a bit of both. I, the amazing Santa has determined who Jack the Ripper was. I think it is time I reveal who I am in real life as well....my name is.....Leonard Kobal, and I'm a ghost. Deal with it.

Back to Jack the Ripper.

It is thought by many people that Jack had a medical background, understood how the police worked, and was of a higher class than those typically found in White Chapell. I figured that if the murderer did his thing during a relatively short period of time and then stopped then either he left the area, died, went to prison, or just quit for another reason. Based on all this I found a NEW suspect, who I have never heard listed before, who had the medical background, would have knowledge of police methods, and would have been able to move among the people while having a personal interest in getting away with murder. He also, during the murders, would have been in his late 20's early 30's and physically been able to do the murders. He would have quit after achieving his goals in proving he could get away with murder and shortly afterward started into a path that took him to worldwide fame which exist to this day. He also showed he was a bit of a wack job later in life.

Who is this suspect? Who have I, the amazing Leonard 'Santa' Kobal, Spritus Amongus, determined was indeed Jack the Ripper? None other than Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of Sherlock Holmes.

Tada!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I could see that.
Herman Webster Mudgett, aka Dr. H.H. Holmes, was a far more prolific and creative killer than Ours Truly, Jack the Ripper. Yet, history doesn't remember him quite as well. I wonder why that is?
Well Holmes will always be #1 in my book of psychos.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20488 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I thought it was long ago established that it was George W Bush funded by Halloburton who did it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That is believed only by the lefties Danny.

Mudgett was a top notch murderer alright but lets me honest, until now when I posted it no one knew who Jack the Ripper was.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Well okay you got me there.
There was a really interesting comic a while ago with Gambit and Wolverine of the X-Men. The premise was that Wolverine could have been Jack the Ripper. The claws, the not knowing how old he really was...
Turned out to all be a hallucination, but interesting anyway.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
And here I thought it was Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward . . .
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nope, ol' Albert wasn't available to do the murders. I'm telling ya, it was Doyle. Unless someone has proof he wasn't in London at the time he is the dude. Dreadnaught is my Ripper expert....we need you Dreadster!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27113 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Now that's doing some serious premarketing for detective fiction. Wonder if he got some ideas from Poe?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Maybe. Jon, it all makes sense to me. After 1893 Doyle would have been so well known he couldn't get away with his killin'.

I also am thinking Erdnase was a chick...which explains why so many are so far off.

Dog gone, it would make a cool book, Doyle as the Ripper.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Good movie material too... though the heirs might be rather ****ed..

Besides we all know that Jack the Ripper was an insubstantial alien then Capt Kirk defeated...
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-09-12 18:38, MagicSanta wrote:
That is believed only by the lefties Danny.

Mudgett was a top notch murderer alright but lets me honest, until now when I posted it no one knew who Jack the Ripper was.

As opposed to the Tea Party who are sure it was Barak Obama with a secret leftist-media funded time machine...
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
I always wondered about Doyle, after all, he also had a hand in killing Houdini in order to silence him in his attack on mediums. Or the sinister Cabal of doctors in Detroit who, realizing Houdini was about to expose Doyle to the world as the Ripper gave him a mysterious injection just before his turn for the worse and expiration.
hmmmm....
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
"he also had a hand in killing Houdini in order to silence him in his attack on mediums."

Are you speculating, kidding, or is there actually any sort of evidence for such a claim?

AIUI Houdini's death was precipitated by his penchant for challenging big guys to punch him in the stomach...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27113 Posts

You're getting close to a pet theory of mine - essentially that the only way to tell the shadows from the puppets is in the dark so to speak.

In short I suspect that Charles Lutwidge Dodgson himself went across to the dark side and came back as the creature we call Lewis Carroll. He later visited America to write as H. P. Lovecraft and describe his new faith in plainer terms than he could in the childrens stories back home - and implant the ways of the Deep Ones into American culture. He then returned home and spent some time as Aleister Crowley and inspired the next generation there to proper levels of fear. Not sure about Doyle being another identity or an actual convert - but you can see where even his Sherlock had to spend his time doing drugs or solving (or perhaps causing) strange crimes to hold back the boredom waiting for the stars to come right again.

Now as to whether the "Jack" murders were just practice runs for something closer to what Alan Moore describes in The Courtyard and Neonomicon remains to be seen.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Hey, I like that one Jonathan. VERY pulp. It would make a great plot for a pen and paper RPG. Maybe I'll steal it some day.

But you have to work a favorite John Carpenter film of mine into it, "In the Mouth of Madness". (which is a really well done Lovecraft Homage.) If you haven't see it, it fits VERY well into your theory. The writer character who is a stand in for Lovecraft basically did exactly what you described (without the Lewis Carol or Crawley parts.)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27113 Posts

CQ - you'll need to ask Alan Moore for permission on some of that. And he's got a huge book on the practice of magic due out after the third volume of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen hits print. Also there's some Lovecraft in there with humans going to dark places and coming back as host/servants of dark powers.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Since Doyle believed Houdini was a medium (he was actually a large, more room to move in) you might have something there. He feared the victims would identify him, Doyle, as the Ripper and that would destroy his image.

Think about Doyle, he is developing in his mind the character of Holmes, he must experience for himself the feeling, the darkness, of an arch criminal, thus the Ripper murders and remember, Doyle was a physician.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Actually Houdini I believe was a small, wirey is good in the escape business Smile

But AIUI he actually WAS a medium for a time. Before he hit it big as an escape artist.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Holmes doesn't say "elementary, my dear watson" once in the books. (maybe once)

wasnt carroll into lsd and stuff?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
I believe the ghost of Charles Scamahorn beat you to that conclusion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where is Dreadnaught? I figured out who Jack the Ripper was... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL