The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where is Dreadnaught? I figured out who Jack the Ripper was... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27113 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Supposedly LSD was not invented till much later than Carroll was supposed to have been alive. Now whether or not he (or his disciples) left a sample of the stuff in some form for a chemist to mass produce - is not for me to say. Maybe you can ask that caterpillar it's visiting your area.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Son of a gun, someone else had the common sense to conclude it was Doyle? Well, I independently determined it was Doyle. Dang it to heck. I've never seen Doyle as a suspect...well, my belief has been seconded by thus schumburg fellow!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Well, I just did some research and indeed Doyle was suspected by others to be the Ripper. I wasn't aware of that and it struck me he'd be perfect as a suspect. He's still my guy though.
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
As for my post about Houdini murdered by Doyle, it has never been stated outright that this was believed, but Doyle was very much involved with mediums of the time who wanted Houdini dead. There was some sort of injection given to Houdini in Detroit which didn't make any difference and was described as experimental.
The history channel ran a great documentary on the Ripper last week, but when I saw they were showing the corpse photos I had to stop watching, kind of a wimp on that score.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Then you missed the part where they tasted it to see if poison was used.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2010-09-12 21:09, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
You're getting close to a pet theory of mine - essentially that the only way to tell the shadows from the puppets is in the dark so to speak.


That's just brilliant!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20488 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Didn't Patricia Cornwall solve this already?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16125 Posts

Profile of tommy
"Success" in the West, as everyone knows, depends on a person's willingness to betray ones nation, race, religion, culture and neighbours. Since Jack the Ripper was successful then it follows he must have been such a character. And one that fit’s the bill is Queen Victoria.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
[Nm, reread]
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Jon, you nearly had me convinced until I noticed that you left Elvis Presley out of our narrative.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2010-09-12 21:36, kcg5 wrote:
Holmes doesn't say "elementary, my dear watson" once in the books. (maybe once)

wasnt carroll into lsd and stuff?


Lewis Carroll? Did it make his kiddie porn look like adult porn?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16125 Posts

Profile of tommy
What a sick little mind you have.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Is that a compliment? Maybe I was Jack the Ripper.

Okay, that's an inside joke. I had a friend who was really into Carroll. Carroll is well known to have had a passion for nude photography of little girls.
This was actually common at the time (sick, but common) and my friend always likes to defend Carroll, and I liked to push her buttons by attacking his weird little habit.
Whether it was normal at the time or not, it's pretty messed up.
And if it was normal, that's pretty messed up.
Now, back to the topic.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16125 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Rippers face has been given to a man who is his enemy.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Did you all see the links to people who piggy backed on my ripper investigation? Dreadnaught is the ripper dude, he'll answer all.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 13:23, critter wrote:
Is that a compliment? Maybe I was Jack the Ripper.

Okay, that's an inside joke. I had a friend who was really into Carroll. Carroll is well known to have had a passion for nude photography of little girls.
This was actually common at the time (sick, but common) and my friend always likes to defend Carroll, and I liked to push her buttons by attacking his weird little habit.
Whether it was normal at the time or not, it's pretty messed up.
And if it was normal, that's pretty messed up.
Now, back to the topic.


To be fair to Caroll... there is absolutely no evidence he molested little girls.

If he just liked to look at nude pictures of them, well, its at worst odd and harmless.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 11:52, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Jon, you nearly had me convinced until I noticed that you left Elvis Presley out of our narrative.

John


Movie recommendation.... 'Bubba Hotep". watch it and you'll see why.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-14 00:36, Cyberqat wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-13 13:23, critter wrote:
Is that a compliment? Maybe I was Jack the Ripper.

Okay, that's an inside joke. I had a friend who was really into Carroll. Carroll is well known to have had a passion for nude photography of little girls.
This was actually common at the time (sick, but common) and my friend always likes to defend Carroll, and I liked to push her buttons by attacking his weird little habit.
Whether it was normal at the time or not, it's pretty messed up.
And if it was normal, that's pretty messed up.
Now, back to the topic.


To be fair to Caroll... there is absolutely no evidence he molested little girls.

If he just liked to look at nude pictures of them, well, its at worst odd and harmless.

Harmless, except it would require the pictures be taken in the first place, which would be harmful.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:

Harmless, except it would require the pictures be taken in the first place, which would be harmful.


I'm not sure I agree. How much harm was done to the coppertone baby?

The only harm here that I can see is if the society the child lives in makes it shameful. Which, as we were just discussing, it sounds like it wasn't.

We need to be careful not to project our own puritan roots on other cultures.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where is Dreadnaught? I figured out who Jack the Ripper was... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL