The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from Paris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pepita
View Profile
New user
Paris
71 Posts

Profile of pepita
Hello !

I only discovered this great place today, I am so happy I did !

I am not a magician, although I do some magic. So I hope you'll accept me (and my naive questions) here.

I am an entertainment artist, I work mainly for children.
My shows are not based only on magic : also a bit of clown, story-telling, balloon-twisting and play-acting of course since it's what I was basically trained for.

I started using magic because I was asked to, when I worked for an entertainment company. And I loooooved it.

So when I started my own shows I went on including these magical moments, which have become my favourite moments.

But I am not a magician, I have not trained as such and I have a great admiration for magicians.
I only use easy tricks (the most technical of all tricks I use, must be the carrots lol) and only very visual things.

I arrived on this forum when looking for a review for a magical item, I really loved the way people talked together so I registered Smile.

What else ?...I am French and eat smelly cheese. Hope I won't be banned for that :-D !
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Welcome. I love smelly cheese-and wine. You can't go wrong with a visit here at the Café. Magic is best when it ENTERTAINS-not puzzles. So use your acting, mime, clown skills to create a magic moment and don't worry about the rest.
Best
WK
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
pepita
View Profile
New user
Paris
71 Posts

Profile of pepita
Thanks for your warm welcome !
It looks like I have just found the coolest magical forum !
DaveChandlerMagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of DaveChandlerMagic
I'm new to the group, but have been in magic for more than a few years. I perform close-up, walk around, and stage. I am also a student of the Chavez course.

Thanks for reading
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Bonjour and welcome -

I'm pretty new here too and I have found the Café to be an incredible and fun resource for ideas and reviews of potential new items to add to my arsenal.

I LOVE Paris - my #1 favorite city in the world. Great people, food, sites, fantastique.

Merci mon ami - bon chance!

Au Revoir!

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
pepita
View Profile
New user
Paris
71 Posts

Profile of pepita
Heeey ! French speakers here !

Thanks for the welcome !
Paris is really beautiful indeed.
But the world is full with gorgeous places : I saw one on your website ;-).

In the US, I've been to NYC and Florida only, haven't had the chance to visit your area.

A bientôt !
mstgracy
View Profile
Regular user
United States
139 Posts

Profile of mstgracy
I would love to visit France welcome to the Café it really is an amazing forum.
pepita
View Profile
New user
Paris
71 Posts

Profile of pepita
Thank you, mstgracy !

I agree with you this place is fantastic.

And concerning France, well...if you plan it, you'll probably manage to come here one day.
If you'd told me, you'd love to visit the moon (I would Smile), it might have been less easy to make it come true.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome pepita,

We all started with one effect. If you're performing Magic, you're a Magician. At least a beginning one.

Mary Mowder
pepita
View Profile
New user
Paris
71 Posts

Profile of pepita
Thanks for your kind words !

What a great day !
I've been called a Magician by a Magician Smile.
Ken Rabalais
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
41 Posts

Profile of Ken Rabalais
Yum, Smelly Cheese!

You sound like a lot of fun.

You will find other French Magicians here, very good ones. The experience sharing here is very good, worth the time spent searching, asking and reading. People here are glad to help, you will find much more than reviews of tricks. Methods are not tipped but all reasonable questions are generously answered by people who know. Very cool.

Bienvenue
Doug Thornton
View Profile
New user
New Jersey USA
11 Posts

Profile of Doug Thornton
Welcome!
www.sam161.org The David Copperfield Assembly, Scotch Plains, NJ
www.about.me/dougthornton
pepita
View Profile
New user
Paris
71 Posts

Profile of pepita
Many thanks for the welcome !
Merciiiii Smile !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from Paris (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL