The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reading Fidh Lan Sticks by Leaping Lizards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: Reading Fidh Lan Sticks: Inner Secrets from the Psychic Shop
2 DVDs (sticks can be made or purchased separately)
Arena: Psychic Reading for Entertainment (and money of course)
Produced and sold by: Leaping Lizards Publications and distributed by Murphys Magical Supplies

First I want to explain that I fully believe that ‘psychic’ readings can be very accurate if done right. I do not believe ‘in’ psychics though, meaning I do not think people can see the future or anything else new age like that. I also think those that believe they have real psychic powers are fooling themselves and this causes them to often be less effective than those who realize the significance of what a reading means to some people. I wanted this to be clear because I completely support the ethics of reading for people as do those I respect in the field such as Dean at Leaping Lizards, a man with over 35 years experience as a reader and a fifth generation psychic. Often the belief those that you read for will convince you that you really have ‘the gift’, you don’t, you are just following in the steps of those who came before you and shared with the rest of us.

Fidh Lan Sticks are an old and interesting yet rarely seen tool used to present a reading. In this case it is designed to answer a specific question. Fidh Sticks consist of a set of four sticks that are identified by one colored dot on one side and two on the other. They are based on a well known western divination system which is, as often is the case, based on a very old Chinese divination system. The names of the Western system is on the DVD and I don’t want to tip too much in this review. Basically this is a very well established and time tested version which is very clear to the spectator and can be hands on for them or you, the reader, an handle the sticks. The sticks are also good because many people are very frightened by Tarot Cards and the reading is similar in style, in many ways, to a Tarot reading. I like the look and feel of the sticks as a divination tool.

The DVDs themselves are very well made. DVD one is instructions on working with the Fidh Sticks, the lay outs, and how to read the symbols after the layout. There are sixteen ways the sticks can be laid out and you interpret the symbols. Dean, who is the host of the DVD, speaks very clearly and slowly. He is a natural teacher and the entire project is very professional and scripted. The thing that amazed me is how in one pass through the DVD I learned how to recognize the symbols on the four sticks as they relate to the translation. This is because Dean treats them as a pictogram and while I don’t know if the way Dean explains them is original to him, the meanings are traditional by the way, but they are so clear you’ll learn them very quickly. What I had more issues with were the Latin names and index cards helped with that issue. The visual is great on the DVDs and Dean is just outstanding as your guide to learning the system. There are also advanced methods provided.

DVD number two is one Leaping Lizards reserves for magicians and readers. This covers the business side that the public doesn’t need to know and provides a lot of very valuable information on the ethics and responsibilities of being a reader. This information is crucial, watch it, watch it again, then understand what it is Dean is saying. He says it clearly but sometimes people fail to understand because they don’t want to. There are three sample readings which I found fascinating and of real value. The last sample reading makes use of the 12 House Spread and Dean doesn’t just give an example of a couple steps, he shows an entire reading and the method and way he filled out the paper he gives to the guest really impressed me. DVD 2 also has Pdf files for practice, the scroll Dean uses for his 12 House Spread, and also a nice booklet for BOR sales after readings. Such a deal!

The end result is a top notch reading method taught on high quality DVDs that are well produced with great sound and instruction by a guy who not only knows how to do the readings in the real world he is an excellent teacher. You will need, most likely, to do some further study on how to do readings in general because this project doesn’t go into the detail of cold reading etc but those types of books and DVDs are available from Leaping Lizards as well, along with the tools you will need. If you are interested in learning a psychic reading method that you can carry around with you, is interesting to the guest, and can make you a reputation as well as some money, in fact quite a bit of money if you are so inclined. Oh, Dean also provides owners of the DVD access to a forum of sorts, not sure of the proper term, for owners of the DVD over at his site which is http://www.leapinglizardsmagic.com/ which is a cool site to check out.

As is everything I’ve seen from Leaping Lizards I recommend this product highly.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Correction, the origin is African not Asian, it resembles the Asian method some what but the basis is the African, sorry about that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reading Fidh Lan Sticks by Leaping Lizards (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL