The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Bumps » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I'm wondering how often Café staff peruse the tricks for sale or trade section? I'm seeing an increased number of bumped posts, and a lot of them seem to go unnoticed. I posted an item for sale there last week, and while it was a busy day for posts in that section, it had disappeared onto the second or third page by the next day, and I didn't feel posting anything to update it as I wanted to stick to my price and I know the policy on bumping. There have been at least two posts that have been bumped since I posted it, one stating "bump" and the other with just a "." to bring it to the top.

If there's anything that those of us that follow the rules in that section can do to keep this practice to a minimum, I'd be happy to volunteer to help make it happen!

Thanks for continuing to provide my favorite resource on the web for magic Smile
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Andrew, I try to go through all of the Let's make a deal posts several times a week. I do a special search for posts with bump but there are a lot of variations like the one you listed above "." and "still available" and "anyone" for example. I can't catch everything. If I delete "bumps" on Monday and someone "bumps" after I've finished, I may not see it for several days.

If anyone posts after the bump post, it serves no purpose to delete the "bump" post. It doesn't move the topic unless it is the last post in the string.

You can help me if you just report the post when you see it.

For what it's worth, I did a complete check earlier today and there were no Let's make a deal posts with "bump" in them. At the present time, there still are none.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Bumps » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL