The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Shawn Farquhar. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
I just saw Shawn Farquhar do his cups & balls routine at a lecture our club held last night! What a pro! He blew me away! Smile

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
I saw his cups routine and lecture at FFFF. Great material and a great personality , too.

Mark
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He says he may market it if he can find the right maker.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 17:47, Mark Ross wrote:
I saw his cups routine and lecture at FFFF. Great material and a great personality , too.

Mark
Yes, a very nice guy as well as brilliant! It was a highly enjoyable time for all!

Sir Richard

Quote:
On 2010-09-16 20:53, Pete Biro wrote:
He says he may market it if he can find the right maker.
He seems to be quite the inventor! I usually don't care for poker chips, but wound up buying his "Matrix Express" trick! The quality of his props is excellent; he's such a perfectionist!

Sir Richard.
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
I talk about this brilliant C&B routine quite a bit ever since I saw Shawn perform it. It absolutely fried me! I could not help but try to reconstruct this routine in my head later that night but, I hit a dead end. This is a fantastic, extremely well constructed, and entertaining routine. Shawn has added some very common C&B moves in his routine that will come back to haunt you just when you think you are on to his method.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 21:50, dannywhit wrote:
I talk about this brilliant C&B routine quite a bit ever since I saw Shawn perform it. It absolutely fried me! I could not help but try to reconstruct this routine in my head later that night but, I hit a dead end. This is a fantastic, extremely well constructed, and entertaining routine. Shawn has added some very common C&B moves in his routine that will come back to haunt you just when you think you are on to his method.
Not to mention using solid cups as opposed to hollow ones, and where did those little cups come from?

Sir Richard.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Shawn's lecture was excellent! Even after two hours, we were up for another couple hours. He told some great stories and the magic is stuff that I'm dying to try. I'll be ordering some of his products before too long.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I saw Shawn rock out the Close Up Show at World Magic this past February/March. I even got yanked up to help with his sealed deck routine (and a photo of that made MAGIC Magazine too...lol!). His C&B routine kicked me in the teeth HARD! Never saw that coming.

Shawn is awesome!

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
DLarkins
View Profile
New user
Kingsport, TN
59 Posts

Profile of DLarkins
I've met Shawn a couple of times and I've bought just about everything he has. Not only is he fantastically clever, he's a great showman, and above all, he's one heck of a nice guy.

He's my favorite. ;-)
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I've seen Shawn do that cups and balls routine three times. It blew me away each time. He has been very careful not to let it go on youtube. Wise move, really.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Shawn is a credit to the magic profession. A great ambassador...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I haven't seen Shawn's cups and balls, but I have seen him do much of his other stuff. Just incredible. My "Tagged" gimmick disappeared at a wedding. I wrote Shawn about it, then ordered another one. He sent two tags for the price of one, just in case I lost another one. What a class act!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You guys better be careful what you say about Shawn on the Café. He checks occasionally.

Seriously, Shawn's work always exhibits really strong forward thinking. He is also one of the nicest guys in the business.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Quote:
On 2010-09-23 00:23, Bill Palmer wrote:
[...] He has been very careful not to let it go on youtube. Wise move, really.

I'd agree; I've looked for his routine since first hearing about it - no luck.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2010-09-24 01:40, Mr. Muggle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-23 00:23, Bill Palmer wrote:
[...] He has been very careful not to let it go on youtube. Wise move, really.

I'd agree; I've looked for his routine since first hearing about it - no luck.
He's keeping the C & B routine to himself! Wise move for sure! At the lecture he did it but didn't divulge anything!

Sir Richard.
DLarkins
View Profile
New user
Kingsport, TN
59 Posts

Profile of DLarkins
Torn 2 pieces is one of my favorite effects of his. I use picture of my kids dressed up as magicians holding wands and cups.
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
I hope Shawn never releases his C&B routine. It is nice to witness an effect that reminds you why you got interested in magic in the first place. I know that a certain something takes place during the routine but I have no idea when it takes place. I love being fooled.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It takes place long before you think it does and shortly after you thought you knew.
;)
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
It is great to see Mr. Farquhar receive so much approbation in this thread, after the avalanche of vicious opprobrium following his FISM 2010 win.

He is a consummate performer with a warm, engaging personality. In addition to his terrific Cups routine, his “Thread of Life” is a case-study in story-telling, connecting with an audience and making everyone feel united by a shared, genuine experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcgFcpkpDzA
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 14:44, panlives wrote:
It is great to see Mr. Farquhar receive so much approbation in this thread, after the avalanche of vicious opprobrium following his FISM 2010 win.

He is a consummate performer with a warm, engaging personality. In addition to his terrific Cups routine, his “Thread of Life” is a case-study in story-telling, connecting with an audience and making everyone feel united by a shared, genuine experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcgFcpkpDzA
Jealousy perhaps?

sir Richard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Shawn Farquhar. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL