The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Project Zero - Dave Forrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WillyWombat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of WillyWombat
This is a two DVD set, in which the emphasis is on holes.
There are small holes, big holes, round holes, square holes, appearing holes, disappering holes and best of all moving holes!
Fifteen effects are shown as a performance routine followed by an explanation.
There are effects using playing cards and business cards, as well as a great stapled cards in envelope effect from Peter Duffie. These are easy to perform effects, with all the moves explained in detail and with some even easier alternative handlings.
There are effects for - Ambitious routine, Bar bets, Transpositions, Appearing and Disappearing cards. Many of which can be perfomed with a signed card.
Other contributors are Liam Montier, James Went and Cameron Francis. Also on ths DVDs are some bonus routines and demos of other "Full 52 Productions" items.
A great buy and plenty to get your juices flowing.

Willy.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks for the review Willy - glad you liked it!

Dave.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Just got this today. Difficult for me to be objective since I have two tricks on these discs, but the material is great! If you like the moving hole plot, and, really, who doesn't, then you should definitely pick this up.

The dvd itself is well shot and very clear. Very nice work from the always reliable Dave Forrest!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks Cameron - indeed you do have two effects on there. They're both excellent but 'Holy Hozinser' is an absolute miracle!

For interested parties, there's a demo of this trick available at my website (link in my signature).

Dave.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1093 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 15:29, Dave Forrest wrote:
Thanks Cameron - indeed you do have two effects on there. They're both excellent but 'Holy Hozinser' is an absolute miracle!

For interested parties, there's a demo of this trick available at my website (link in my signature).

Dave.

Exactly my thoughts!
I don't see anyone being able to work that out in their head!

Just finished watching Project Zero and and the top six to me are,

1:Void Voyage(fooled me bad!).

2:Acme Bar bet version 2(caught me off guard big time).

3: Holy Hofzinser(Can't see anyone working this out).

4: Holy Ambition (love the simple and very clever gimmick).

5: Hole Odyssey(Love the structure of principles).

6: Shadow Zone(such a simple gimmick,that works perfectly)

Void Voyage is my favorite and love how direct and to the point it is.
Have a card selected and have them hold it,and then show a blank card with a real hole right in the center and the hole jumps to the their selection that they are holding.

that's it!
No presentation needed,just do it and people realize they just seen something impossible.

Steve
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

I also love Hole Card. Very simple but will really hit them between the eyes and the presentation is great!

Steve, thanks for the kind words about Holy Hofsinzer. I love the fact that you not only reveal the suite of the selected card but also the value before you even show the transposition took place. Been trying to work out a good way of doing it for years.

I was actually there for the birth of Void Voyage. He fooled the cr** out of me with it!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1093 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Your very welcome Cameron!

To me,it is nice that the value is also revealed,but "how" it's revealed elevates it to such a strong moment.

The routine is down right elegant.

So many things on the DVD,im sure I will watch it a few more times,and like you...Void Voyage fooled the **ap out of me,and when I watched the performance for the first time, it made me jump halfway out of my chair!
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2489 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I love the acme bar bet the most. The presentation makes it great and entertaining. I just love it.
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Acme Bar Bet is great! Both versions!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Project Zero - Dave Forrest (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL