The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conan!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
It's really happening! There are actual photos from the set! I don't care that the dude isn't as buff as Arnold. He's got the black hair and blue-grey eyes from the books!
Holy crap!
The first comic book I ever saw was Conan. He is my all time favorite character, ever, of all FRICKIN TIME!
I had an old Conan comic which promised that if you joined the Conan fanclub you would get updates from the set of "King Conan." Obviously, that movie never got off the ground. Rumors of another Conan movie have been flying around for years.
I had given up all hope, but now... PICTURES FROM THE SET!!! IT'S REAL! IT'S REALLY, REALLY REAL Smile
I'm gonna' make some coffee now.

"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Dear critter,

Make it a decaf.

- Mary Mowder
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Hope it's good...

He's got really big shoes to fill... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
That guy looks a lot like me.

Two arms, two legs, head on top.

Pretty much identical.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Critter, get back to me when you have pictures of Conan co-star Rachel Nichols in a fur bikini. Rrrowrrr.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 15:13, balducci wrote:
Critter, get back to me when you have pictures of Conan co-star Rachel Nichols in a fur bikini. Rrrowrrr.

Close enough for you?

From http://www.holytaco.com/2008/08/07/rachel-nichols

Yeah, I saw the first Conan set pics a while back. I think they've been in production for almost a year now, but I could be mistaken. It has been a while since I saw the first pics though.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
"Close enough for you?"

No objections.
Love the website name.
You know why don't act naive.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My brother hung out with other artist back in the 60s and beyond. One of his best friends had a baby and named it Conan Barbarian XXXX (I put X's because of the history this child had and don't want him finding the post by using the full name). When Conans mother was killed in a drunk driving accident (our friend was driving) his grandmother adopted him and changed the name but I always thought that was one bad ass name.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Dino De Laurentiis made some great films Conan was one of them. If I remember right he was involved with a Gordon Scott movie Goliath and the Vampires (after Tarzan) and I think if I remember right I read that he was also involved with Kirk Douglas when he starred in Ulysses.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 14:52, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
That guy looks a lot like me.

Two arms, two legs, head on top.

Pretty much identical.

Topologically.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
My two boys (now 18 and 22) were bottle-fed to Arnold as Conan during their 3am feedings (if I'm getting up at that hour we watch what I want to watch) and I don't think we're gonna be able to accept anyone else as the Big Guy.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
My son's middle name is Conan.
The first Conan with Arnold is awesome, but the sequel sucked. They made him stupid. Conan was never supposed to be stupid. He had brains and brawn.
His cleverness was as much a weapon as his muscles in the books.
In "The Destroyer" he couldn't even count.
I still think they could make "King Conan" with an old Arnold. Why not? He had a white beard in that final shot when the wizard talked about it. That would be cool.
At least the new guy looks kind of like he could pass for black Irish. In Howard's history of the Hyborian world the Cimmerians eventually became the Celts, so I had to work to reconcile the Germanic character in Arnold's movies with the Celtic type of character in the books. I think the Dark Horse comics series finally hit the nail right on the head in their visual interpretations. Especially in the stories of Conan's childhood in Cimmeria.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Conan!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL