The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MEMENTO - Regal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
It's taken a couple of years of manufacturing he**, but I now have something I'd like to show you called "Memento."

www.regalmagic.com

If you click "Memento" when you get there you'll be able to see a video.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I've talked to Shawn Farquar about the possibilities of coming up with this a while back with his Omni Deck and the logistics seemed too in-depth! I gave up on the idea of coming up with a viable solution to where you would end an ambitious routine with this finale.....

If a signed card can easily be loaded, perfect perfect perfect!!! Great job on materializing this idea David, much props! I'm not sure on the exact mechanics of this, but I have an idea for those special moments where you want to be able to give it to them as a souvenier. PM me for details David if you'd like Smile

Rich
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Verrrry impressive!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Randy B
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Randy B
Looks really good!
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Wow!! Very nice.
This may be a dumb question but without the risk of revealing the method to the spectators, can this be actually given away as a memento at a paid gig?

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I think the most important question here is, is the 10 of hearts really your favorite card? Smile

A good subtlety I use with the Omni Deck is to freeze the acrylic and say it's a "block of ice". This could be applied to Memento and looks much easier than freezing the card between blocks of ice ala Michael Ammar.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Being as I have everything else of Davids, I am ordering this right now on another screen!!! Looks fun!

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
David Regal rules!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Great movie and a great effect!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
As Arte Johnson on Laugh-In once said; "Veeery Interesting..." Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Excellent!

Regards,
Mike
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I don't know how you did that, but that IS amazing! Love the effect!
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Dave Devin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Dave Devin
Great effect.............put me on the list.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Beautiful - I like the comedy, and the idea with the black is beyond clever.

Can you comment on difficulty/slights please David for the studio audience here at home?

Thanks!

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
zmakingmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Burbank, California
119 Posts

Profile of zmakingmagic
Looks awesome David! Great work as usual.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Can the block be handed out? I can imagine specs WANTING to examine the block. It looks like David is handling it pretty carefully after the reveal. If it can be examined this effect enters the 'amazing' category for me and I will purchase immediately. If not, then I'll wait for Memento 2.0
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
My guess is a big no.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
As a prediction of your favourite card, I can't see why anyone would want to examine it. If their signed card was inside then some people might ask to look at the block - but as a prediction, it's supposed to be a duplicate of their card with writing on it. There should be no heat on the block at all.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
There might be a problem here in the UK as similar acrylic blocks are sold en masse in a shop called Muji (as photo frames) so people will be familiar with the loading method. That's why I asked if the prop was examinable.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I hope I do not shock anyone when I reveal that this is a trick. No, you do not send them home with an acrylic block that has their card sealed inside. The MEMENTO effect is not that. In the demo I perform it as a coincidence/prediction effect, but it can also be a card-to-wallet type effect. In the effect of card-to-wallet, the point is not that the card cannot be removed from the wallet, the effect is How the @%&*% Did It Get There? Same thing here, and I have to say it gets the kind of reactions one fantasizes about.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MEMENTO - Regal (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL