The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Johnson Expanded Quarter Shell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
If I put a regular quarter inside of the expanded quarter shell from Johnson, and I have the spectator sign their initials on the shell, and then I have them sign their initials on the other side of the gimmick (which is the back side of the real coin), will it look normal to them? Or will they see something is weird, and notice that it is a shell? I just want to know if I can use a shell for this purpose of having a spectator sign both sides. Does the shell fit perfectly so as to hide the awkwardness, or does it leave a little bit of the edge visible, so that I wouldn't be able to do this? Thanks again, guys.
Regards,
Mike
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
As a general rule a shell won't work for that purpose.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
If this is in reference to your other post then it seems that you want the signature to jump to a second quarter. Yes? No?
In any case I suggest that you use two quarters and do a turnover switch.
You could do it with the ] but you would have to hold it while signed and end dirty.
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
What an awesome idea. I tried it with my Grandfather and it flew by without a hitch. Of course He's nearly blind. I hope this helps with your decision.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Thanks Double J aka Magicfreak2.

Regards,
Mike
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-09-19 20:53, Double J wrote:
What an awesome idea. I tried it with my Grandfather and it flew by without a hitch. Of course He's nearly blind. I hope this helps with your decision.

Careful, Double J; people will want to borrow your Grandfather!! Smile

Jim
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Quote:
On 2010-09-20 01:01, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-19 20:53, Double J wrote:

Careful, Double J; people will want to borrow your Grandfather!! Smile

Jim

LOL! J-Mac, Love it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Johnson Expanded Quarter Shell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL