The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Greenpeace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Are you adults with them or against them?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac......18550970

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNMVMNmrqJE

Beware! Be careful how you answer. You may find yourself before the Criminal Environment Court.

http://www.environmentcourt.com/
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xecpqp_......f-a_news
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, I can't say anything about the second one because it's "unavailable in [my] country". But the first one just makes me feel very aggressive towards the boy. I don't feel threatened by him. I want to smack him upside the head. Hell, I'd bet even John gets the urge to smack him upside the head. I'd say it's pretty poorly thought out for that very reason.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Your name has now gone into the book.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I agree with a few things Greenpeace has done over the years. I love how they have have made some Harp seal pups useless to hunters. That is brilliant. But *** commercials and other actions they have taken about things makes me want to back hand any Greenpeace member into the next century or beyond. Plus tell them to shut the you know what up on top of it.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Ha, Jeff you've linked to the second one before. It's "Tomorrow belongs to me" from Cabaret.

I'd try talking to the kid in the first one before submitting to the urge to smack him. But his sanctimony is pretty tough to take.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Wow, talk about a thoroughly unpleasant little video. I resent any group, cause or belief that holds up children as some sort of unassailable defense for their argument.
If we don't kill the seals they eat all the fish and there will be none for us, so go ahead and bash seals and eat them.
Hey kid, all the fish will be gone? I somehow think the Asian Carp will still be around as it is a tough little character and people are already starting to make recipes using it. I will get used to eating zebra muzzles, got to do my part to contain the spread of them. Might take me awhile to get used to eating chocolate coated bed bugs, but hey if you wont let me spray hotel rooms with DDT I'll just have to adapt.
Any kid who has the nerve to mouth off to me like that gets one mouth off right back, and any adult who brainwashed them to do gets busted right in the chops. They are cowards who are getting children to do their dirty work.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Foolish. He looked very tired, bags under his eyes. Reminded me of a horror movie, where I expect something to jump out at me. If he really is that worked up about it, his parents have damaged him forever, if hes is an actor he did a good job.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Fish aren't disappearing because of global warming, they are disappearing because of excessive fishing. Seals eat fish so they aren't helping they are taking food from us, so I say go ahead and kill and eat the seals as well.
I hope everyone enjoys the record salmon harvest this year. After seasons of reduced stock they seem to be thriving again - take that global warming!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Yes fishing can alter the levels of fish greatly. But I don't believe there are that many Harp seals as there are fish so I doubt that the seals would make that much of a dent. Don't get me started on global warming. Let me just say I don't believe in it and never well.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I have trouble accepting most single mindedly extremist groups.
Too many of them are just far to willing to utilize disinformation if it helps their cause.
PeTA, Earth First, SHARK, they don't seem to have any issues with vilifying the innocent with easily disproven lies, as long as it keeps people scared and angry enough to keep the donations coming so their "administrative fees" are taken care of.
I do support the causes that help fund research on diseases like cancer and MS though.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The camera is off...the angry little boy pulls his beret from his pocket and turns to his mother:

"Gosh that FELT good, I really thought I was in the moment didn't you? It feels tho good to be theatrical! Mother, did the limo we inthisted on arrive? I think we have that audition today for the tuna commercial, I love tuna and think I can really sell it! Maybe I shouldn't have lunch, they may want me to eat a tuna sandwich during the audition...."
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Wow, talk about a manipulative propagandist piece of BS. Not only guilt tripping adults, but telling kids their parents are ruining their future, and it's their right to a good future with fish.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Has there ever been a generation of kids that didn't think they were superior? The writer for the commercial though should be smacked for having the kid basically threaten the adult population. I'm just happy to know he will someday be found in a gutter with a needle in his arm.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have a read of Peter Watts' story "Bulk Food" - it's online with permission.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Scouts Train to Fight Environment Terrorists

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/us/14explorers.html?_r=1

Tommy
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Quote:
On 2010-09-21 05:00, tommy wrote:
Scouts Train to Fight Environment Terrorists

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/us/14explorers.html?_r=1

Gosh, I thought that only happens in Pakistan and Somalia.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I knew someone years ago who was considered an environmental terrorist.
He used to sabotage logging equipment.
I'm afraid if I say any more about him nobody would believe it.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
No no no he was no terrorist, quite the contrary, its tree cutters who are.

The war to save the plant in Afghanistan is going well. The poppy fields have been on the rise since the downfall of the Taliban.

Tommy
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
So if the fish are gone... The dolphins must leave. And we all know what that means..

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I know who was arrested for damaging earth movers because they were damaging the environment....Chuck "Chuckles" Manson.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Greenpeace (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL