The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » A question about Inspection (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Hoelderlin
View Profile
Regular user
Turin, italy
112 Posts

Profile of Hoelderlin
If your apparatus is gimmicked, simply you can give them to inspect, of course. ERGO

1) You'll use ungimmicked apparatus.
2) You strenghten your control on your audience. If you present properly a trick, people do not ask you to check. Once upon a time Roberto Giobbi came at our local magic club and showed us a trick in which he gives to a spectator to keep a deck that is fully stacked. I asked him: "what if the spectator begin toying with the cards?" He answered: "To me, it never happens. If it's happens, that means you have a problem with your audience".
3) Do not underevaluate this:
"Hey guy, gimme your props to check!"
"Sorry, I can't: They're gimmicked", and you grin
:P
Hölderlin (Massimo Manca) - Circolo Amici della Magia - Turin - Italy.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I always say, "Were you entertained?"

When they say yes, I say "Good. Now remember, magic is a mystery to be enjoyed, not a puzzle to be solved."

Brian
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If you can't make a switch like many mentioned above, make the object disappear using a palming techique while handing it to them. Have a good line at the end, for example: "Oops, that was a magical ______."
"Magic never ends." "I was afraid of that."
"Oh, I forgot to take the magic off."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » A question about Inspection (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL