The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 4 coin production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ken Abbott
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Ken Abbott
I have been doing a 4 coins across routine for years where I start by just pulling the coins out. I am now considering producing them one at a time. Who's method do you like best?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Look at Progressive Production in . . . where else? . . . Bobo, p. 377 (hardbound). It's intended for five coins, but it's a simple matter to modify it for only four. It's quick, relatively, and, done well, quite magical.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
There are sooo many coin productions out in the literature and on DVD's. Every working magician has their favorite. There are some good ones in the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD set, especially in volumes 5,6, and 7 - Productions, Vanishes and Penetrations. My own personal favorite is my Wishing Well routine, from volume 11 - it can be used as a 3 coin production, a 4 coin production, or a three coin production where you hold out an extra coin. And, its not difficult, no classic palm. For those who want to read a nice one, We have Gallo's 4 coin production that was in Magic magazine, on our website. You can find it by clicking on the MAgic magazine cover on this page:
http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/coin_magic_seminar.htm

Two other tricks, one by me, one by Roth, after the articla about our seminar. Its a really nice 4 coin production, done on the table with dollars.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I hearya Doc, I like mine best too... Smile MB's 3 Coin PRO. I use it in my new Grandpa's Coins 2. *The production of that last coin is called the "T'Wave." Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahm5fUTv4kA

And like all the rest mentioned here, it can easily be adapted to 4 coins if you like. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Very nice, Marion!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
You made me smile at 7am Marion. No mean feat;-).
The two mentioned above are both really nice. I too like Dr Rubinsteins Wishing well. The hands can be shown pretty much empty at the start and the appearance of the first coin is quite startling. It can also be found written up in his 2010 lecture notes.
Marions Grandpas coins 2 is a wonderful routine and great value for money. I have a few of Marions releases and you really cant go wrong with any of them but this particular one is my favourite. Not difficult either, which always helps.
For a very simple 4 coin production. Michael Ammar has one where a coin keeps appearing in his (previously empty) palm. I can't remember where I learnt that one right now.

Kind regards
Sean
PetePennekett
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of PetePennekett
If you're an IBM member there's a nice, albeit difficult, 4 coin production from Giacomo Bertini in Septembers Linking Ring. It looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkf6ildlrsg

If you're using half dollars I can't see a reason why this couldn't be used with 5 coins with one being held out for the purposes of doing a winged silver type routine, otherwise you could keep to 4 and hold one out for a 3-fly.

Many thanks to Michael for posting that article link, there's some great stuff in there!
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Marion, I've alawys loved that production of yours.

Michael, thanks for posting that grate article up.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
You could always go with the classic Downs Palm production.
It will look something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovSDvosTcfE
Good luck in your hunt. My door is always open if you need anything.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Great work Tim, lovin it
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
I found a lot of good four coin production in Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic.
Weird is part of the job.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey thanks Doc, sean and soldier for the good words, much appreciated. Smile

And Tim, it don't get much better than that my friend. Great job as usual. Smile

Well Ken, thereya go...Various ways to skin a cat. Isn't this a great place? Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Tim, nice!
MattKamm
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
42 Posts

Profile of MattKamm
I have a busted finger and can't do much coin work, so I stick to other stuff, but I enjoy watching good coin magic.

Marion and Tim, you both really impressed me. I first came across the Downs Palm in "The Amateur Magicians Handbook" (that forgotten gem) and was intrigued with the capabilities of the move. What I didn't understand was the display capabilities of the move. I felt like I was seeing through Tim's fingers the whole time.

Very nicely done. I may get the old tome out and see if I can't adapt the move to my compromised hands.

Anyways, take care and keep conjuring!

Matt
Ken Rabalais
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
41 Posts

Profile of Ken Rabalais
Thanks everyone for a informative thread. I am still searching around the Café to see if the questions I have have already been addressed. This is one of them.

I have been doing a modest but solid coin fly that I read, I think, in a Hugard book somewhere, but not for as long as the original poster. I have been wanting to introduce a coin production to precede it. I would also like to follow the coin fly with a one by one vanish.

But I have not yet finished searching through the material already on the Café or my shelf, so the answer may already be there. I may still ask it later after becoming more familiar with what is already available to me.

In the mean time, threads like this are great and you guys should know that when you answer these questions, you are anwering for many more of us who haven't asked yet, but should. And the recommendations about material and texts to search is of course enlightening and appreciated.

So this post is really to thank you all for your great answers.

Ken
Ken Rabalais
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
41 Posts

Profile of Ken Rabalais
And thanks of course to Mr. Abbott for asking this in the first place.

(Sorry, that should not have been an afterthought.)
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
One of my favorites is Roth's "The Acentric Purse".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 4 coin production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL