The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Book or don't forget to Point (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1984 Posts

Profile of Daren
Can anyone give me a review of this book by these brilliant German magicians? I have heard it is very good, but would like to hear it from someone who has it.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have it. There are some unusual, off-the-wall items as well as unique takes on classics like the chop cup and card warp. I recommend it. It's an excellent book. A bonus is that few magicians seem to have it and even fewer do anything out of it, so you'll likely have some routines that none of your magic friends perform.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
TomFraps
View Profile
New user
Munich
5 Posts

Profile of TomFraps
Hi Daren, as one of the authors I'm obviously biased and won't review our own book here, but instead refer your browser to

http://www.theflickingfingers.com/contents.html

where you'll find the complete content-list,
as well as full excerpts including some sneak-preview tricks and essays from the theory chapter...

Full reviews from Mike Close (MAGIC January 1999) and Steve Bryant should also give you
a hint about the contents.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Thomas
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I haven’t got the book (I am about to get it), but if it is anything like the stuff that Manuel Muerte performed and lectured on at Blackpool Magic Convention this year, it is bound to be great.
Has any one got both The Book, and The Movie. Are any of the effects in the book on the DVD.
To me the price of the DVD is worth just seeing the Mouse Routine again,
Owen
Gerben
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
36 Posts

Profile of Gerben
I agree that the Mouse Act is just wonderful/hilarious
Pit Hartling's character Heinz is also great

I will definitely get the DVD sooner or later, and probably also the book
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
There is overlap between the book and the DVD, about two third of the trick on the DVD is in the Book and although I enjoyed the DVD I prefer the Book. There is something to be said however about the zany presentation that these guys pulled off.

Smile
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Is the The Book still in print? Kaufman's website doesn't have it.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
The Book or Don't Forget To Point costs $35.00
The Movie: The Flicking Fingers DVD costs $65.00 and consists of 3,5 hours of material.
Both the book, and DVD are very well produced and made.
Can be purchased directly from The Flicking Fingers in Germany.
http://www.theflickingfingers.com/shop.html

Smile
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Book or don't forget to Point (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL