The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » .Maric Glass by Mr. Maric (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
davidleiper
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of davidleiper
Cheers for the impressions Mathew U. I have ordered this and expect it to arrive in the morning. Really looking forward to it.

Will post some thoughts tomorrow.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
728 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Mine is up for sale £45 plus postage

Great prop well made just not for me!

Pm me if interested

Ash
Matthew U
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Matthew U
Hi David . Glad you orderd one . I have been trying glass through table .
And it's great .
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
My problems is working it into a commercial setting. It may appear strange carrying around a glass at a private party or restaurant gig when you consider how readily available they already are. If I introduce a glass to a table then I do believe that it immediately becomes an object of suspicion.You can load the glass on to table without people noticing, but unless it is the same as others on the table, then it may stand out.

It remains a great effect, but I think it was to perform for friends at your house, or in the close up competition. I would love to hear other people thoughts regarding this "problem". Are any professionals using this in a commercial setting?
alannasser
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of alannasser
Many asked but none tell whether you can drink from it, and whether it is examinable.Answer this please: does this mean not examinable, can't drink from it? Some of you have it. Why not answer the question?
Alan
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You get a carrying case, the gimmicked glass, and a regular one...so appearing to drink from it will be fine...

don't do walk-around, so can't comment...i bought it for other reasons (an ed fowler routine - mentalism for those who don't know who Ed is)...

I will use mine, probably not that often, but in the right circumstance I would..

very good quality...

oh and the gimmicked glass is entirely made of glass...
I've asked to be banned
Matthew U
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of Matthew U
Hi Alan .

Regards to your question you are not able to drink for the maric glass but the normal glass you can drink from . Hope this helps .

Matthew U
mr. wolf
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of mr. wolf
I am working with the maric glass for a "glass through table" routine.
This is a fantastic prop!! I am using the r*** glass to sip water during the
evening then when I go to wipe the last drops out, the "magic" happens.
I love it.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2444 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
But is examinable?

It is the most important question.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
This looks like a great prop and actually for the kind of parlor and stage stuff I do introducing a glass is not a problem.

Im sure its worth the money, but nto sure I can justify it right now.

Maybe if one comes up used I'll consider it. (Saw the one above, it interests me but Im afraid your in the UK and Im in the US so I doubt shipping would be worth it.)
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Okay ive got it sussed. And no I don't think the gimmicked glass is examinable, which is why you have the switch-in one included. Proper routining would allow you to end clean with the ungimmicked glass to hand out.

There is actually a tiny bit of a reveal on the video that gave me the last clue I needed. didn't spot it til my third viewing.

The funny thing is.... Mr. Maric actually TELLS you the secret in that video. But unless you've already figured it out you'ld never realize it. Very crafty, sir!

I like it. A lot. I can imagine lots of ways this could be combined with other illusions. For instance ball vanishes, glass vanishes, glass is found inside of box previously shown empty with ball inside Smile

Again cant quite justify full price on it atm but I'm going to watch for a used one.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1589 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
This was reviewed on this weeks Wizard Product Review.

Hope this helps

Link to Show -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ZRm55pRMQ

Craig
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3965 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I like this one too. oddly enough, I like it in combination with Tenyo Coin Thru. I use the non-gimmicked glass with water on the Tenyo, drink the water, and I'm ready for a fun routine.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3965 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Overall I like this effect, but the more I work with it, the more I think there is a slight defect with the design. Without giving away any secrets, I would say that the device could have been designed so it is easier to make a problem less visible. I still recommend it, but I would have preferred if they designed it better. I can see where it may have cost a bit more to do a better design, but it would have been worth it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » .Maric Glass by Mr. Maric (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL