The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from Glasgow, Scotland (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jockolantern
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of jockolantern
Hello everyone. My name's Craig, and I currently live in Glasgow, in rainy Scotland.

I've just recently rekindled my interest in magic, hopefully not too late in the day at 36. When I was a child I had magic trick sets, and some card tricks bought with pocketmoney, but sadly I let my interest wane. However, I've lately gained an interest in stage illusion and would like to perform in that area one day. But my magic ability is at a very basic level right now, so less complex things first! I'm an actor, so performing to an audience is something I'm comfortable with. Half the battle won. Just need to put the time and effort into my magic Smile

Found a lot of useful information in The Magic Café so far. For starters, I'll be stopping by a bookshop later today to pick up a copy of Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic.

Anyway, look forward to engaging in discussion with some of you at some point Smile

Cheers,
Craig
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Craig,

Oh how I wish I were a better actor. That must really help, especially in establishing your character and knowing your motivation.

I've gotten some good advice here about books as well.

- Mary Mowder
jockolantern
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of jockolantern
Thank you for your welcome, Mary.

Yes, being an actor is a help. Every movement on stage has a purpose, and that I believe transcends into magic. I feel confident lifting props during a theatre play - I just have to get to that same stage with magic. True also that it is easier to take on a stage persona, and even to script. However, the true, and only, critics are the audience!
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
I'm of the school of thought that magic is 50% performance and 50% execution with 100% commitment to both. Glad to see a performer interested in the art. Honestly, anyone can learn and get really good at magic, but you cannot make a performer out of a nervous wreck or someone without "it."
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
jgazmen
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jgazmen
Welcome Craig and glad to see another Scot on board. I live in the USA in the state of Maryland. My Mother was from Clyde Bank, she came here in the 1920s and always sounded like she just got off the boat.

I just happened on to a fairly new book in the library entitled Magic Tricks, a Knack make it easy publication by Richard Kaufman. It is a very impressive and both new and experienced magicians will find terrific info. in its pages.

Again, welcome aboard this ship.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from Glasgow, Scotland (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL