The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Destroy destroy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
190 Posts

Profile of the dealer
Wondering if anyone can add to this list of stack destruction effects, most notable ones that come to my mind and are my favorites are:
-shufflebored
-maximum risk
-everybodys lazy

thank you all and keep stacking
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Good topic!

I'd add Ehler's 3 card location, can't remember the actual name off the top of my head.
Friedrich
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Friedrich
John Cornelius has an effect called Threefold:
Three spectators cut a portion of the deck and remember the bottom card. Then they shuffle their packets. Magi names each card before getting the packet containing it back.
Sometimes I perform it by having one spectator cut to a card under the table and pocket it unseen. Then three others cut a packet and remember the bottom one. Every one shuffles his packet (i demonstrate with the remaining cards).
I take the second of the cut packets and fan it face up. Spectator goes with his finger over the cards, I pretend to do muscle reading. By studying this packet I have all the missing information to name all chosen cards immediately!

Afterwards some (non prediction) versions of shuffle bored still can be done...
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3065 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
My understanding of shufflebored is that it resets pretty much instantly if you want it to... or am I wrong?

EDIT: I'm wrong. Unless we're talking about a deck stacked only for shufflebored. Then I'm not wrong.
A screed for scams, sorcery, and other shenanigans... Nu Way Magick Blogge

JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Patrick Reymond's "Ceremony of the Immortals". Great routine.

Cheers.
Friedrich
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Friedrich
Just found the mentioned Steve Ehlers effect, it's in fact called "The Three-Card Location" and is in Ackermann's "Las Vegas Kardma" p. 173f.
It's almost the same effect as described by me above, but easier and better (the "memorization" of the second packet is great...).

Good opportunity to use the great Elmsley gag from his book test:
while discerning the second spectators cards, say to third spectator:
Are You thinking of the ...,yes? Please wait until it's Your turn...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Destroy destroy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL