The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where to get a hand of Cleopatra?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I am looking for the Hand of Cleopatra for an effect from Christian's book. Where does one obtain such?
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
I did an internet search and the only references to it tend to be on magicians' wish-lists. It does not sound promising...

http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk/secondhand.html

While you're bringing up props... Where are you picking up the miniature skull & table, and what are you substituing for the tongue?

- Rob
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Merry meet...
The item you are desiring was an invention of Tony Von Lackner of Germany. Harold Voit of Zuberzentrale, Munich, Germany is the distributor and has permission from the creator to distribute it.
Stevens Magic Emporium is the American distributor for this item. Try "stevensmagic.com" for inquiries. Good luck, and I hope this helps.
...and merry part.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
WR,
Steven Magic used to carry this item but apparently doesn't any longer.
However, Joe Stevens or someone else at Stevens Magic could probably help you out.
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
I saw two "Hand of Cleopatra"s that were auctioned on Ebay about a month or two ago. The interesting thing about this is that it was labeled as "Ken Brooke's Hand of Cleopatra" rather than Tony Von Lacker. The pictures of the effect at auction look the same as shown in Chelman's book. Could anyone clear that up?

Anyway, both auctions stated that the effect is no longer in production, and both ended up getting bought in the $350 - $370 range.

To anyone that wishes to get one, good luck and bring lotsa dinero!!

Dave
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
I facilitated the purchase of one of these about a year ago for someone in the U.K.

It went for around $200 US before shipping & insurance. With the reprint of Christan's book, I think you'd be lucky to find this for under $300 these days (unless one of those collector types let one go at a local magic club auction).

Dave
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
I have been playing around with this, as I have been unable to locate said device. I do not know if this will help any of you, but for a small fee at your local Radio supply house, you can pick up a small slient radio controlled motor, I like the ones used in the mini RC cars.

http://ucables.com/ref/MINIRC-CAR

I leave the details on the how's and What for's to you.
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
WR,
Steven's now has the Hand of Cleopatra again in limited supply. I ordered mine today. Good Luck.
This would be a good effect for you pagan group coming up.
Doug
[outdated link]
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Thanks Doug,
Got the check in the mail.
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
Thanks Doug,

I've been hunting for this effect for a few years now--with no success. As soon as I read your post, I ordered one.

Take care,
Craig Wilson
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Glad to be of service.
Your Friend in Fright,
Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
HI,

Seance. Yes, Ken Brooke used to sell this in the UK. It may still be available from House Of Secrets in Blackpool. YOu will need to speak to Bill Thopmson (he is one of the nicest people you will meet in life, never mind magic).

Off the top of my head the address was (if I remember correctly) 12 Caunce Street, Blackpool, UK.

Best,

Bri
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Café member, Sam Haine has one and is going to place it onsale via ebay. PM him and let him know your interest.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
When I bought mine times ago, it costed me 100 $...
Time flies. Smile
brainman
View Profile
Special user
971 Posts

Profile of brainman
€ 125
in germany:
Here.

P
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
I preferred a different look for the Hand of Cleopatra than is available commercially. I built mine, incorporating some of the mechanism into the miniature table (about 5 inches high) that holds it.

Mine has a rather tiny, delicate-looking lady's hand, rather than the slightly fat-looking hand used in some of the commercial versions.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
RATS!

I immediately ordered the Hand through Stevens, and I received a notice in my mail...N/A. How disappointing.

Take care,
Craig
Magic_Mailman
View Profile
New user
Portland,Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of Magic_Mailman
Sorry to have to ask but ...can anyone tell me what is The hand of Cleopatra? Or can you tell me where I can read about it please.

Thanks

Smile
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Yes I'm curious as to what the effect is also.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
It's a kind of utility device really I guess. It is a small carved hand (looks carved anyway) made of resin which sits atop a plinth and ends up pointing to a chosen object or WHY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where to get a hand of Cleopatra?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL