The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How many effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Thank you Peter for the kind words. I think us magicians often times get so worked up in impressing only ourselves that we often forget what we really should be doing. That is entertaining the audience and giving the client the best service that we can give them.

We often feel that we magicians are better then anyone else. As if it is their priviledge to have us at their event and that they should bend over backwards for us.

That could not be any further from the way it really SHOULD be. We are a product and like any product or company we have a service to provide. It is those companies that provide the best service to their customerrs that are the ones that are thriving and working.

If this means that I need to accomdate my client more, then I am going to do that the best that I can. People really do remember the little things that you do away from the magic. Often times these little things can be what the client remembers most when they think of having you back.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
My kid shows are 1 - hour long for package A. If my client wants balloons also, I give an extra hour, package B. The extra hour will include balloons and face painting.

If there are 30 or more kids I will have the balloons blown up in advance before I get to the party.

A few times my clients requested a 45 minute magic act with 15 minutes of balloons.

I always do the balloons last because I do not want the kids to interupt my act. Another reason I do the balloons last is because some kids can get too rough, popping the balloons, requesting more. I won't have the time to keep making more because I have more parties to go to.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Quote:
I do, all the time, and it works wonderfully. The kids like it, the client (usually the parents) likes it, and I like it.

I agree entirely. I learned this in my restaurant work. Nothing helps me more than families leaving the restaurant, walking by the manager, with balloons or something tangible in their hand. Now, in my restaurant work, I very very rarely solely do balloons. They are always part of an effect. However, if I get backed up, or the restaurant surges in customers suddenly, I always have balloons to cover the greatest number of tables in the fastest time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How many effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL