We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Kovari 3 card trick - anyone heard of it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
828 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I've had this in my box for over 20 years... 3 metal "cards" with holes in them, a red spot on one of the cards? It seems tailor made for working outside, on the street. I have the booklet that came with it.. so I'm going work on it...
It would be interesting to know if this is a well known routine, or if anyone has ever used it? Over the past few years, I've seen him at the conventions a few times, but have never seen him selling this routine.

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I've seen it and played with it a little. It's a bit fiddly to use.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
828 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Nicholas - thanks for the reply. What bit do consider to be fiddly to use?

Tks!

DCB
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Mostly the weight and shape.

For outside use, I recommend the disks.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2010-10-03 20:37, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Mostly the weight and shape.

For outside use, I recommend the disks.

Available when!!
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
828 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I think the disks are too well associated with the Eastern European scammers. And the Kovari cards have the hole punched in one end - providing a very convincing fooler at the end of the routine. I've been working on it with good results.

Talking of these discs - who sells them? Or are they modified car parts or similar?

Regards,

DCB
cage
View Profile
New user
Montana
15 Posts

Profile of cage
I agree with Nicholas--fiddly is a good description. I've had them for years, but the texture makes them noisy and the metal makes them a little too heavy for a good "float." I have used them outside on the ground a few times and at least they don't get dirty and there are no problems with wind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Kovari 3 card trick - anyone heard of it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL