The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Digital Downloads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ravend
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ravend
Hello there, (G'day)

As no doubt the post count on the left will say I am new to the Café - great place and I've enjoyed reading posts by other people.

However lurking days are over as I wish to ask a question.

Is there any balloon training/twisting DVD available for purchase via digital download?

Being from the other side of the world from most providers (down under here in Australia) most of the sites selling the DVD's seem to want to charge a fair high postage cost (in one or two cases close to what the DVD itself costs). Unluckly I'm not close friends with Oprah to ask her to bring a few down with her for me Smile

Hopefully, being a digital download, places will have a responding better price (no cost of pressing a DVD) and no shipping cost, and with the Australian dollar banging on the door of the US$ 1 to 1 ratio, now is a good time it seems to get a few.

Cheers for any suggestion on those providers that have gone digital.

Ooroo

Rav
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
I haven't seen this yet, though Mike Floyd has talked about that option for his forthcoming balloon puppets DVD.

A good number of folks are putting out written instructions in PDF form. Not video,but a downloadable book. I have one from Thelma Levitt, and it is top notch.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
There's enough stuff on You Tube to keep you busy until even the slowest delivery of a DVD of your choice makes it to you.
ravend
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ravend
Thanks for the responses and for the heads up Reverend.

Not quite the point I was going for Derrick - its not an issues of how long it takes to get down here (and yes, some of the youtube clips are fantastic), its a factor of how much the postal charges are in doing so.

Its fair to expect nowadays for digital format in music, books and movies, so hoping that some were about for this passion. (you can even get a Ipod app for twisting balloons)
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
What we need is a "Netflix" for balloon/magic/juggling/? videos. For a monthly fee or pay-per-view you can watch all the videos you want. The owners of the video can get royalties whenever their video is watched.

(I feel silly for putting this idea out there, but I'll never do anything with it. If you can make it work send me a gratiuty Smile )

wes holly
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Digital Downloads (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL