The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » OutOfSleight.com with Bill Palmer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thank you, Bill and Lee

Can't wait to see what should be a wealth of goodies!

J
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
This may have heated the embers for the hottest hot spot on the planet.

Bill Palmer is the ideal (and singular) personality to re-launch your site. He elevates the art.

Thank you!
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Kudo to you Lee for landing Bill Palmer and getting the video goods. It just goes to show how much faith Bill has in you!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing at http://www.OutOfSleight.com and where you are heading.
If I can be of any help, just let me know.
Donnie
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You guys have said many nice things about me here. I hope I don't let you down.

BTW, one of the first things I noticed when I walked into the studio was the Canon 7D. I have been using Canon cameras to shoot the photos on the Museum site for a long time. I started with a Digital Rebel, then an XTi. Then I got a 40D. I liked that one a lot, but when the 7D came out, I traded the 40D in on a 7D and the 24-70mmL series lens.

I really like that combination. I had never tried using it for video. Seeing the results, I know that I will be doing that in the future.

This really was a fun shoot.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Great stuff. Really looking forward to this.
Fortasse
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I just wanted to let everyone know that the video and site are coming along really well. We had a big breakthrough on the site for a live streaming system that can be embedded on the site so NEXT TIME when I decide to do something like this we can actually stream it live as well as archiving for DVD and online video. Pretty awesome stuff... Im wonder if we are going to start seeing lectures done this way? .... hmmm, might be on to something. shhhhhhh.
-Lee
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
A great way to go as long as you can keep it private - by subscription only.
You can also go interactive with a modest investment.
We run woodworking seminars on UStream and Stickam but they're free and public, which wouldn't be appropriate for your purposes. Itunes is another option.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Quote:
On 2010-10-04 22:42, jazzy snazzy wrote:
A great way to go as long as you can keep it private - by subscription only.
You can also go interactive with a modest investment.
We run woodworking seminars on UStream and Stickam but they're free and public, which wouldn't be appropriate for your purposes. Itunes is another option.

I assure you this has really been taken into consideration. It's a fine line between public help and exposure and I don't tap dance Smile
-Lee
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Any new developments here?

Fortasse
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
I don't know, but I sure hope another installment of the Bill Palmer series comes out soon, I want to see the part some of the above pictures were taken from (playing with wands, I think).

Cheers!
Matt M.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Let me take a wild guess - there's no Closed-Caption/Subtitles? Am I right?

Ok well, life goes on...
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Quote:
On 2011-01-10 01:14, fortasse wrote:
Any new developments here?

Fortasse

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick Smile
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
Great web site! I am really considering buying your OOS Cups and Balls.

BTW: What radio show do you host?
- C
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Expect a new video within hours! In the next segment Bill and I discuss learning materials for the cups and balls for the beginner to the expert. Also, Bill gives a great story of the first time he met "The Professor".

As for the radio show, Angio you can PM me and I'll discuss it. On a side note, I am considering a weekly radio show / podcast on the subject... any thoughts?

-Lee

http://www.outofsleight.com
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
I think it would be cool if you did a podcast on cups and balls and othe rmagic related stuff. There is a need for some good magic podcasts.
- C
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
Thanks for getting a new segment up Lee! It's great hearing the info. As for a podcast, I think it would be great. I could see you do reviews of various apparatus, maybe get interviews with various well known workers, etc.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » OutOfSleight.com with Bill Palmer (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL