The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Not yet, but soon... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
But when presented with a holy relic, will the peppermint candy be heard recoiling within the urn?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Like the look and thought behind the boxes aned more substanstantial urn, definite possibilitirs. Also enjoyed your humor, via Mojito's and mint candies.

The ' ashes of a cremated person do not resemble ashes from the fire place. They DO oddly enough, look franulated somewhat the shape and color of kitty litter mixed with cigar ash and small bone chips. THe heart is the organ hardest to incinerate, Remaining bones and teeth are run through grinders.

Kotah
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My urns pepperment candy will talk.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
I got an xmas list Santa, don't make me sit on your lap again. Smile
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On 2010-10-02 15:21, Roth wrote:
The Urn spirit shakes its way out of the urn. It crosses the room and raps the door knocker and then comes over to your Spiritus Magnus and throws the planchette off the board.

Then it heads over to the liquor cabinet and makes a couple Mojito's (I'm kidding, or am I??)

So that is what is happening to the MaCallan.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I just mentioned the grayish pink color and kitty litter yexture and appearance of human cremated remains as opposed to fire place ashes as an option for the performer desiring realism in the contents of the urn. You're welcome !

The responce. or lack there of was so typical and expected.

Kotah
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Quote:
On 2010-10-03 09:18, KOTAH wrote:

The responce. or lack there of was so typical and expected.

Kotah

Yet you are graceful enough to keep offering. This is a sign of a true mentor. I and many of us here DO appreciate all of the advice/thoughts/stories that you and so many other people offer even though we may not take the time to put into words. It is your generosity that you offer so many ideas that I had the guts to offer my little vampire idea to any one who might be inspired to use it as a starting point.
Many thanks for this and any other tales that you may offer.
Andre
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Andre, thank you for taking the time to comment. Yes, your vampire ashes suggestion is excellent. IT definitely opens the door of creativity. The hearts of exhumed suspected vampires were removed and burned even in the victorian era right here in the US. THen of course, thanks to Hammer Films, we have all watched as the sun turned vampires into ash and dust <g>

I Have been fortunate enough to have mentors such as Gene Poinc, Larry White and Ed solomon for growth and fine shoulders to stand on.

Without the gift of sharing, we have only our own devices to fall back on.

Kotah
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
"There will also be a lower end version without the eyes, brass inlay and engraving, but the same "werks".
Working title is The Dark Lord (working name only)and it is a hand painted talking board, and rather "brimstone" looking."

Personally, I love to have a version where you "roll you own", engrave, paint or add whatever you want to the talking board.

JerryB
justcookin
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of justcookin
Rick, seriously, you should be in prison. I know I will when I'll be using all of this.

Thanks, Kotah for the insight on human ashes: I never stood still by the fact that ash isn't just any ash. I'm not sure whether I want to go there, as I think shaking around human remains may be going one step too far, personally.

The Dark Lord sounds very, very appealing, tho!
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Kotah, your right. Sometimes we (me) just take and never say a thank you to those that contribute so much. Ideas fall at the feet of swine at times but others cherish the pearls they find. Gifts are not always appreciated by the recipients but are the pleasures of the givers.
My mother painstakingly collected all fifty state quarters for me. It was a labor of love for her at 90. While I had no real interest in the quarters I treasure her gift to me.
Thanks
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
RCP, thankyou for sharing that reflection of your mothers gift.

Very touching. As is the fact that you treasure the gift

At 9o , her thoughts and love were there for you.

You indeed were blessed.
Mine and I did not speak for thirty years preceeding her passing.

Kotah
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
I am sorry to hear of the separation from yours. Most of my life I had little regard for my father. I thought him a *******. A couple of years before his death we found a common ground, he was never my friend but he made me a man that was capable of standing tall and supporting my family. As I look around in my 50's he gave me a gift most of my peers don't have. His treasure to me is invaluable. Perhaps a closer look will reveal a treasure yet found?
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-10-03 18:11, RCP wrote:....His treasure to me is invaluable. Perhaps a closer look will reveal a treasure yet found?

I'm inspired by the ending to your story.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
In 1998 during the US Comedy Arts Festival, where Monty Python was awarded the AFI Star Award by the American Film Institute, the five remaining members along with what was purported to be Graham Chapman's ashes, were reunited on stage for the first time in 18 years.[20] The occasion was in the form of an interview called Monty Python Live At Aspen, (hosted by Robert Klein, with an appearance by Eddie Izzard) in which the team looked back at some of their work and performed a few new sketches. One of the show's more memorable moments occurred when the ashes were "accidentally" spilled. The person responsible for upsetting the urn was Gilliam—who then hurriedly cleaned up with a mini-vacuum cleaner and a broom and dustpan (with Cleese even dipping his finger into the substance and tasting it). A significant amount of the ashes were brushed under the rug.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
justcookin
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of justcookin
Okay that's hilarious, actually Smile
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Clifford,,,Here is the Monty Python Ashes bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utHmeN31RT0

First time I saw this on HBO I was on the floor laughing!
Morjhana
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Morjhana
I just came across this post from searching for using an urn. I'm dying to use an idea I just thought of and I love the idea of your urn to play around with it further. I didn't see it on your website, is it something you still make?
EddiefromEugene
View Profile
New user
Eugene, Oregon
83 Posts

Profile of EddiefromEugene
Quote:
On 2011-07-14 17:56, Morjhana wrote:
I just came across this post from searching for using an urn. I'm dying to use an idea I just thought of and I love the idea of your urn to play around with it further. I didn't see it on your website, is it something you still make?

The particular urn and box Rick is posting about isn't available yet. He's just torturing us by whetting our appetites,. He does have a nice smaller urn on the Outlaw Effects website but I'm not sure that it does anything .
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
The smaller urn is available and works well with a number of Outlaw's other projects such as Spiritus Magnus and the Hobbs Box. I think it really needs to be used with one of those boxes or boards rather than being completely stand-alone.

Rick has hinted that the new, bigger, and as yet unreleased urn, will work in a different way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Not yet, but soon... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL