We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Double Deal Turnover (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi all,

Been searching around the web and the forum trying to find the origin of the double deal turnover (I believe this is the name, you take the top and bottom card as one and turn them over face up on top of the deck)
I've found the double deal in Expert Card Technique but can't find the double deal turnover anywhere.

I'm using it in an ebook and obviously need to credit the right person for the move.

Regards,
Chris
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Yeah, In a Sadowitz book he refers to turning over the top and bottom cards as one. Any references to learning how to do this properly?

Kyle
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I think this is one that will require a lot of mirror practice.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
226 Posts

Profile of robinr
When Peter Duffie & I had a chapter on it in our book Card Conspiracy, Vol. 1, the earliest reference we found to it as a turnover was Allan Ackerman, Here's My Card, (1978), p. 92. We described two new handlings in the chapter.

Posted: Apr 29, 2011 4:40pm
I should look more closely at our books myself. Max Maven later gave us an earlier reference, which we published in Vol. 2. Irv Weiner's "Double Lift with one Card" from the April 1860 Linking Ring Parade.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Double Deal Turnover (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL