The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » My Dollar Bill Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
Not to brag or anything but I think I have come up with the P E R F E C T opening routine to my close up routine. What I would do is a cup and ball routine eventually producing a lemon. Get this! I take a spectators dollar and use the Serial Biller technique to do the most awesome bill to lemon in Existence. If you're not familiar with Serial Biller you should go check it out on ellusionist but my opening routine I'm hoping will rock.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
John Carney's Fruit Cup...
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
Smile- He stole my idea... only joking. What can I say he had a great idea...
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Well, he's not using the specific technique that you're using to prove the bills are the same, if that's a consolation.

However, check out his routine. It's worth a study.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
Actually I was thinking about doing cups and balls rather than chop cup and then produce 2 lemons under 2 cups (my cups and balls just uses 2 cups). Now I would say," These lemons aren't in very good condition" and produce another lemon and use that for the effect.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I agree with Andrew find John Carney's fruit cup. It will be worth it and you will more than likely choose it over what you want to use.

You have a "good" basic idea but I have a feeling it's lacking understanding on how to put the idea together and make it play well. Carney's Fruit cup has a reason. What you're describing you want to do doesn't seem have much reason. You want to say that "These two lemons aren't in good condition" Why aren't they? Why does it have to be the third lemon that you produce that is cut open to reveal the bill inside? Why can't a spectator pick one of the three lemons?

Of course we know why a spectator can't pick "freely anyway" the lemon that is cut open. But if you're going to use three lemons why not make it seem like they have a choice of which one is used?

Get John Carney's book Carneycopia and learn fruit cup. You will thank Andrew pointing you in that direction. Plus there are other great items in that book as well.

Also you may want to rethink your using this as an opener. If you don't have something that is going to be stronger than the bill in lemon to follow it you need to move the bill routine to the end of your performance. I would move it to a later spot in your performance regardless if you have something that can follow it or not.
MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
Actually it was meant as a bit of comedy to say something after I've produced the lemons which refers to me lifting up one more cup to add a bit of shock. Taking the lemon that I need for the trick will just go with the patter. No one is going to ask because they are shocked at the productions of the lemons. I totally get fruit cup though and I see what you are saying. Fruit cup does blend together well...
MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
Actually it was meant as a bit of comedy to say something after I've produced the lemons which refers to me lifting up one more cup to add a bit of shock. Taking the lemon that I need for the trick will just go with the patter. No one is going to ask because they are shocked at the productions of the lemons. I totally get fruit cup though and I see what you are saying. Fruit cup does blend together well... I also think I will move it... Thanks for the advice
MitchellMac
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MitchellMac
Um, I accidently duplicated a post... if anyone can tell me how to delete it please do. I PMed Steve Brooks about it. Anyway I took RS's advice and decided to put that fruit idea actually as a closer. Now I need an opener. What are some things that you guys recommend to use as an opener. I was thinking about a rope routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » My Dollar Bill Idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL