The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Restuarant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic_Man101
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Magic_Man101
I want to work in the restuarant but I don't know how to approach them help please
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Sounds like someone needs to do some research and may not be ready yet.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Dear Magic_Man101

Go to Table hoppers and Party Strollers and do some research there.

The only way to get ready is to start building the right repertoire. There is a lot of good advice there about choosing the best effects from the start, before you've wasted time buying/learning impractical Magic for the venue.

Once you've got at least 6 strong, practical, effects, do a search on approaching the restaurant.

Don't rush it. If you try before you're ready it will shake your confidence later and may turn a potential client off for Magic.

Good luck!

- Mary Mowder
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22892 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
How to approach them walk in the door at 10:30a.m. or 2:30p.m. ask for the manager or owner. Show them some great magic or offer to give them a demo of the few customers in the place then and there. Tell the people if they liked what the experienced, to tell the manager or owner before they leave.
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1146 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
With all due respect I disagree. What can you do for their bottom line? Entertainment ain't it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22892 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Actually, most resturant owners think it is all about the food, decor, and service, is what sells the business. Most resturants want to increase their slow days of business.

I believe you have to have a good product to offer, if you do not have the personality and material, then how can you sell anything to the business.

Magic_Man, are you in a tourist city? If not you will have to change your material weekly for repeat customers. In a tourist city you can use the same material over and over, and only change a trick or two occassionally.

Remember, you will not have any time to learn new tricks, so you have to have a good base to begin with. If you have a 100 tricks that do not require any set up time or can be automatically reset at the finish of the trick, then you have a good start. You must be able to do all these tricks without thinking.
Magic_Man101
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Magic_Man101
I'm in a town with about 3000 people
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Restuarant (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL