The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » First BFMO Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I finally performed my first "balloon free magic only" show with no clowning involved tonight. It was about 45 minutes. Card to impossible location, prediction card, card on ceiling, muscle pass routine, rope routine, stratosphere, silk to cane, mismade flag, assorted card effects, cups & balls and OOTW. I'm used to using my balloons to pace myself.

I feel I rushed it a bit, but overall it went extremely well. When I got out the cups and balls one of the Kids said they learned this trick at magic camp. I called them up and asked what she learned. Did it include fancy moves like the elevator move and such and she said "yes". I had her closely inspect all of my actions as I slowly covered the ball placed on the cup with a second cup and then a third. She agreed there could be no trickery. She screamed when the "penetration" into the bottom cup happened and it wasn't under either cup. (chop cup) I brought out my other 2 cups and proceeded with my 5 cup routine which left all dazed, confused and applauding. It was a gratis volunteer show for the DEFY program (Drug Education For Youth).
:dancing: After the show they presented me with a DEFY T-Shirt signed by all of the kids. It was great. Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
490 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Hi Rob. Good to hear from you. Congratulations on the show! No clowning, no balloons? You must have felt naked! I am glad it turned out well for you and the crowd.

We will make a straight magi out of you yet.
Best wishes and God bless.
Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm tryng to diversify and abe able to offer clowning, magic, twisting as well as a few other talents as seperate items.
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Glad to hear it. I understand how easy it is to fall back on the balloons. I know if I am running short on material that I can throw some balloons in and wind up on time again. The worlds fastest balloon animal, followed by the worlds largest balloon is worth a good 5 minutes. It's always fun, but I hope to have really good material at some point to drop the balloons and focus on magic. Not that the balloons are bad, magic is just where my heart is.

Keith Smile
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Doing both clowning and magic separately was best decision I ever made too!
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
May I ask why?
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I find that some clients prefer the IDEA of a magician whilst others prefer the IDEA of a clown.

Whilst the two are IMHO very similar, particularly when it comes to children (try and tell me that the sucker die box isn't a classic clown routine).

By two different characters I also get a chance to express myself in different ways.

Also, in Canberra, most of the clowns are substandard and so I get a lot more respect from potential clients when I mention the magician side.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Thanks for the info. My thoughts were pretty much along the same line.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » First BFMO Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL