The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Through the Universe-Backwards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Ben Harris has been somewhat of a creative icon in magic for along time. I fell in love with his work when I found a book of his called Off the Wall about 10 years ago. His Genii issue is still one of my most read back issues because it seems every time I read it I tend to feel inspired.

His new donwload, released as part of the Backstory Project, is called Through the Universe-Backwards. It is a color changing deck routine that leaves everything completely examinable at the end of the effect. There are no gimmicks per say, but the routine is structured so that it is impossible to see the ending coming or back track the effect. I am a big advocate of magic happening as part of strong theatrical moment, as opposed to the "Look, watch" presentational variety, so the presentation in this effect is what sold it all for me.

Strong magic, easy on sleight of hand and a presentation that holds it all together. A steal for 10 dollars. Even more so if you join the Backstory project that has already more than paid for itself for me.

Donny "Stumbling through the universe blind" Orbit
do magic

www.8bom.net
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Donny,

Glad yo enjoyed. Universe is one of my old faves. 'Tis like an old friend.

Cheers

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I was lucky enoguh to receive this.
It is BEAUTIFUL.
A brilliant piece of magic!

Kyle
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Thank you, Kyle.

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6906 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Got this, too. Very much looking forward to reading it and working on the routine!
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2879 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Got this last night. It's a great presentation and lots of magic. I've had fun practicing this. I'll have to check out more of his stuff.
I j
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Cameron,

I think you'll appreciate the volume of magical effect achieved through a very direct and uncluttered handling. I look forward to your feedback. Peter Duffie really enjoyed it!

Hi Fonda,

I'm glad you are enjoying. Email me at ben@wowbound.com and I'll send you a sample pack to explore, with compliments.

Cheers

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Yes, this is first rate. The presentation is rich in content, and the effect is as clear and clean as can be. This is one of the best colour changing deck routines I have seen.

Peter
Alternative Magic
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2201 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
REVIEW: Through the Universe-Backwards by Ben Harris

Folks,

Ben Harris has done it again, only this time a slighty different effect from the Backstory Project.

This is perhaps the best method for a color changing deck I have seen ever!!!

You will use this!!!

I am very heavy into mentalism, but this is something I will have with me all the time and in my repertoire.

This is just so impossible and incredible, I have yet to try it, as I am tweaking out methods and re-reading everything through, but I will post more once I give it a go at a later time, once I feel adequate enough to perform it.

I love this!!!!!

Ben Harris has become ever since CROSSROADS by favorite inventor of outstanding magic and mentalism......

Buy this, you wont regret it!!

Minimal sleight of hand is required, and maybe a beginner could do the moves, but you must know some pretty standard moves, plus Ben teaches a new move as well which is just great........

BRAVO BEN..........you did it again...........i await your next invention!!!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1240 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
My investment in the backstory project was a veeeeeeeery wise one!!

Thanks Ben!!
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi guys,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

"Through The Universe-Backwards" is now available from http://www.lybrary.com too.

Cheers

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3619 Posts

Profile of emyers99
This is decent although I wouldn't rank this in my top 3 color changing deck routines. I think the handling choice for the selection process is odd and unnatural but this can easily be modified. Overall, I think there are much cleaner and more logical routines if you are in the market for this type of routine.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Sorry this didn't tickle your fancy, Eric.

Cheers

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Through the Universe-Backwards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL