The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Need help with sea lion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
There is a waitress, at one of the restaurants that I regularly do balloons at, that has been asking me, for several weeks, to make a sea lion for her. I am having a problem getting an idea for that one. Does anyone have any ideas on this one, that they could share with me?

Thanks,
David
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
That's a request I've never had! I just googled sea lions. Seems to me the main characteristics are their head and torso is up almost 90 degrees from their bottom half, they have little curved flippers they walk on, their body drags the ground, and they are "chubby". I've never tried one but here's what comes to mind: The body could be a roll-thru with a few extra bubbles, the torso I think should be another roll-thru. Fins placed at the intersection should help keep thinks in place. A couple of loops for the tail too. I think a small roll-thru could also work for the head, with a balloon bubble squeezed in for eyes. Also a very uninflated heart or round might work with the nozzle being the nose. Just some theory to play around with!
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
I will give that a try Jay.
Thanks
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
This may not make any sense. I've noticed that when I make a one balloon motorcycle and the back tire pops accidentially, it looks a bit like a sea lion when I turn it upside down.

The front tire is the head, the flippers are the handle bars and the back fin is the seat. Maybe it is something to work with anyway.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
I use my Shark design and bend it to shape. add a round and he has a ball balanced on his nose. All black with white markings.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
281 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
Caldwell has a seal/sea lion on Tie-Blow Workout; it uses two clownheads and a 6" heart with a 5" round to balance on its nose. Very easy to make and good impact. Never use the clownheads for anything else, but worth carrying a few for a quick seal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Need help with sea lion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL