The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Locking Talking Slates by Lebanon Circle (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
About a decade ago I have produced for my own use the "Locking Talking Slates". The idea was to let people properly hear the sound of the chalk (The Spirits) actually writing a message within the slates whilst a member of the party is holding the slates, and, I am standing away whilst the member of the party seperates the slates and read the message written by the Spirits without any interferance on my part.
I have kept The Locking Talking Slates as a secret for many years. In the past ten or so years I have only sold two sets to very close friends. However, I am very proud to announce that the Locking Talking Slates are now in production by Lebanon Circle and will be available for sale by Lebanon Circle very soon now.Why Lebanon Circle? simply because they are the best in producing such items as I am sure you all know. At the time I named the slates ABACUS SPIRITALIS. Many Bizarre Magicians and Mentalists asked me to re produce the slates but I kept the Slates a close guarded secret. Now that I have retired I am very pleased to release the Locking Talking Slates through Lebanon Circle knowing that the workmanship will be outstanding as all of Dan Baines products.
I am very excited about this and of course all of you that contacted me regarding the slates during the past years will now be able to purchase the Locking Talking Slates through Lebanon Circle.
With Dark Wishes
Roni
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Oh Oh!
I sense an attack on my bank balance in the very near future.

I've been considering buying my first set of slates for about a week now.
this is timely indeed.

Any more info greatly appreciated

regards
Steve
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Awesome! I am one who has heard about these and been interested in getting them! Glad to hear that Dan will be producing them.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Hi Steve

I'm actually working on them right now, Roni kindly passed his Acacus Spiritalis to me last year and over the last few weeks I've dissected the design and revamped it with Roni's approval.

As you can expect they will be Victorian styled slates with an A4 chalk boardface on all 4 sides set in a aged mahogany frame. The BIG defining point about these slates is that they 'talk', so you actually hear and feel the chalk writing inside the slates once they are locked together. Not only this, the slates are programmable (without the need of a computer, the programmer is supplied) so you can add your own sounds to the spirit slates - whispering, scratching, knocking etc...

Pictures in about 2 weeks so watch this space....

Regards

Dan
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
That is excellent news. I actually own an original set of the ABACUS SPIRITALIS and love them. I use them often in recreations of seances. Sounds like I can finally get a backup! Great news guys!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I'm actually doing my very first seance on October 30th.

A little apprehensive. But not too bad.

The slates will have to be for seance number 2 I think.

Steve
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Yep, sorry Steve, won't be ready for the 30th I'm afraid but for all of those who have been waiting all these years ABACUS SPIRITALIS is officially back in production!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
No problem, Dan.
I think I've got my hands full as it is.

Just hope I can pull it off.

steve
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
767 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Wow! This sounds great. You are producing some top quality stuff Dan! Any idea of the price point yet?
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Not yet Wayne, still pricing up the prototype, but as a guide Roni's originals were about £500 I think but the LC ones won't be as expensive as this.

There is also an old ABACUS SPIRITALIS thread here for those interested...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14

Dan
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
I am very pleased to see the interest generated by the release of one of my very convincing Spirit effects ABACUS SPIRITALIS. When you purchase the Spirit Slates you will have one of the best items created for Seance, Bizarre and Mentalism.
I also know that Dan (Lebanon Circle)will do a great and authentic job producing them. It took me a decade to agree on the release of the Spirit Slates and I know you will be delighted with them.
All the very best
Roni
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
767 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Any update on this? I can't wait to see the pictures.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
About another 2 weeks Wayne, I'm just waiting on a last minute aesthetic 'cherry on the cake'.

I will also showcase them at Tabula Mentis in November so folk can get their hands on them, I also believe Roni will perform with them...
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
Ive seen Roni perform with these twice, once at Tabula Mentis in Novemner 2008 and last year at his magic circle lecture. They really do enhance any spirit writing effect.

I tried to purchase a set after the November lecture but they were unavailable :o(, glad to see they are about to come back and via Dan which is double hurrah !!

Evie.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
It took me some time to find a place in my heart to release my Locking Talking Slates. After seeing what Dan from Lebanon Circle is capable of making I have decided to ask Dan if he would be willing to manufecture my slates and he accepted. So not only that my Locking Talking Slates will be released soon but Dan managed to improve on my original slates and make them much more believable.
As a result I have released to Dan and through Dan to the buyers of the slates my unique routine whereby the "Spirits" helps the individual taking part to select a certain colour chalk and the chalk writing within the slates is of the same colour chalk chosen by the individual. This means that if your "Seater" chooses a Pink coloured chalk this chalk goes between the slates and indeed the "Spirit" message inside the slates appears in PINK! This is a very convincing routine and very original. Think of that:
They select the colour of the chalk with the help of the "Spirits". The Chalk goes amongst the slates. The "Spirits" are asked to write a message inside the closed slates. Everyone hears the message being written by the "Spirits" within the slates. When the Slates are opened by the seater (Not by you) The message within the slates is written in the same colur chalk that the seater have selected.
The "Spirits" are of course under your "Command" at all times.
Enjoy....
Roni
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
725 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I. Need. These.

I have a feeling that in the right hands - You could bring an entire theatrical audience to tears.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3492 Posts

Profile of takeachance
What sort of approximate price range is being discussed
cheerz
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Still pricing up the parts and build time so I'll have a price once the photos are up...
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
Gimmy gimmy gimmy gimmy................ Pleeeeease
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
I can promise you that it will not be long now...... Smile
Cheers
Roni
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Locking Talking Slates by Lebanon Circle (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL