The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Locking Talking Slates by Lebanon Circle (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
726 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Just a question and if it delves too deep - please feel free to PM.

Does the two sound bites have to be the same both times (assuming you repeat the routine for a second time for the same sitters)? Could it be chalk writing one time and possibly voices the second?

Thanks
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
767 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Wow, just great Dan!
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
To answer your question Illusioneer, yes, it's the same sound file both times...
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Ok, the first 5 sets have gone. I'm still taking reservations for February though - these are going to be popular!
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
They look excellent and look a good size too. Top stuff.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2911 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Religions have been started with less than these. Henry Slade must be smiling.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Reservations now being taken for the March batch -

Imagine asking the spirits to write a message and then knock twice on the the slates when they have finished - all possible!
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
This looks wonderful - I am saving up my pennies!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
I understand from Dan (Lebanon Circle) that the slates are going fast. With Dan being a one man band the sooner you will put your order in the better.
All the very best
Roni
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
726 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Dan,

Could you PM me with reservation/purchasing procedure? I understand you're taking reservations for March 2011 wave, correct?

Thank you!

Justin G
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Hi Justin

Just e-mail me via my website on the contacts page, March has sold, so has April but I may be able to make more once the production line begins.

Regards

Dan
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Just received mine from the first wave. Simply put, the slates are masterfully rendered, and work perfectly and easily. The sounds of the chalk scraping against the board is perfect. The DVD, while not containing performances, is complete and very clear on seemingly all aspects of setup, use and care, with suggestions of resources for slate effects. If talking slates are what you are looking for, you won't be disappointed in the slightest.

John
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Just got mine as well. Watched the dvd and can't wait to start playing with them! Very nice. Between that and a new snake I have had a good day today. Now off to bed so I can play with these over the next couple of days.

Great job Dan!
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
910 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Thanks everyone! The first 15 slates have been shipped and the reception has been overwhelming. The reserve list grows daily, as one of my customers said "If Rolls Royce made Spirit Slates they'd probably be like this!"

Thanks again!

Dan

Lebanon Circle
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5476 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hey Dan,
My interests tend to lean toward the darker side of our craft simply due to believability. I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I'm trained to understand the importance of how things look. When an audience sees a magician take out painted props with stenciled spray painted designs, they know they are about to see a magic show. No problem. Nothing wrong with that. But when witnesses see a mentalist, psychic, medium...take out relics that appear as fine as yours...they take a second look. Combined with a great performance, suddenly, these people are witness to an event, not a show. They are about to see an experiment that can quite possibly go very, very wrong. Your props exude that sense of despair...and I mean that as a compliment.

I've only just begun to visit this forum on the Café, and am discovering that it may turn out to be my favorite. I've already pumped many a disposable dollar into several other similar on-line sellers of spiritual wares, and am pleased (my wife will disagree here) to realize I have another remarkable source to dispose of more. In other words, I found your site here...it is mind-blowing...I will spend money...I will amaze people...non-professionally, but amaze them none-the-less.

Thank you for taking the time to care about your craft, and those who practice it.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1934 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Dan, those slates are beautiful. I will need to be opening my wallet again for the Lebanon Circle!

Wizard, then you'll also want to join Dan and the rest of the bizarre gang on the Bizarre Magick group on Facebook and don't forget the yellow board which is all bizarre and chock full of the dark side (run by Dan Mindo and David Parr!)
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
These are high on my list (once I have the money for them), incredible work which would be a highlight of my seance shows.
Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
Dan,

Selfishly I don't want to sing the praises of you item - because I want to be the only who has it - but I know that in order for you to continue to create fantastic pieces like this - you need to continue to prosper. How about I tell everyone how great your spirit slates are you and then you discontinue making them - and sell them something else!

Seriously, the entire experience of working with Dan (who at times can be challenging to connect with) was top notch. The prop is both beautiful and brilliant, the packaging and attention to detail was first class. The craftmanship and the design is very impressive. And the DVD that comes with it is very comprehensive.

I will admit that when I order my slates - I thought they were expensive - now that I have them - I am wondering if there is a profit margin. Dan goes way beyond the call of duty. I am sure that I will be putting in a order for "Dolly Darko" in the very near future. Working with Dan and receiving his product was been nothing short of a real pleasure.

If you want to see the slates in action - come visit us at Intrigue Theater in Eureka Springs, AR at the Queen Anne Mansion. We Open June 10th.
http://www.intriguetheater.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3195 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Dan, is not only a great friend, but is also a great and clever thinker! All his props are absolutely a beauty!
:)
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Used this in it's first performance this past week for a hundred middle schoolers. The girl holding the slates was absolutely freaking out which in turn had the audience absolutely freaking out. It was great! She swore not only that she could hear the chalk but also feel it moving around as well...nice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Locking Talking Slates by Lebanon Circle (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL