The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Wyrick "rips off" harary on Ellen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Was sent to me. As he requested this be disseminated, I have copied his email here.

Sent: Wed, Oct 6, 2010 11:10 pm
Subject: Get the word out please.

Al,

So,..... I just heard that Steve Wyrick is planning to do my water tank illusion on the ELLEN show tomorrow. I'm in Shanghai and it's pretty hard to do much from here. But I'll try my ***edest!In the mean time, Please spread the word to any magic blogs you can or just start emailing magicians.. Get the word out there that Wyrick ripped off the tank illusion!I sued him for this.He went bankrupt, and is now ripping me off again. If I can not stop him, at least I can let the magic community know what's going on. Thank you for this..From ShanghaiYour friend.. Franz.
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1146 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
It would have been taped days ago, so the correct term would be "Ripped".
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
But the damage lingers - hence, rips
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Ok..
so the thing I heard is that
Wyrick exchanged this routine for his own airplane appearance illusion
and that was 2 years ago...
even thought the airplane was in a bad shape.. Harary still agreed to the transaction.. rip off seems like a far stretch..
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
762 Posts

Profile of 61magic
FYI under the Grand Illusions section there is a very extensive post on this subject.
One of the Café members who also is a Lawyer researched the subject and found legal documentation supporting the Wyrick claim the illusion in question was sold to him and he is within his rights to use it.
I suggest everyone interested in this matter read that post.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess the question is what good will complaining do?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 21:54, Dannydoyle wrote:

Like a small stone thrown in a quiet pond, the ripples go from one end to the other. To not say anything, no matter the time, would be a disservice, no?
~Joe
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Serious doubt has been cast on the motivations of the lawyer who posted on the other thread. You might wish to read the posts on the genii forum on this matter.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-10-20 23:58, Joe Mauro wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 21:54, Dannydoyle wrote:

Like a small stone thrown in a quiet pond, the ripples go from one end to the other. To not say anything, no matter the time, would be a disservice, no?

Really? From one end to the other? So some silly magic dispute about some silly magic trick is this epic example of a stone in a pond to you? Really?

I do not think taking the high road ever is a "disservice" to any dispute.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
379 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
The most important matter of all is: wouldn't you cry if Franz Harary called described himself as your friend......God, I would.

I'd rather watch Cris Angel videos non-stop for a year than watch Franz Harary for 10 minutes........that guy's a tool!
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 15:50, Paul Budd wrote:
The most important matter of all is: wouldn't you cry if Franz Harary called described himself as your friend......God, I would.

I'd rather watch Cris Angel videos non-stop for a year than watch Franz Harary for 10 minutes........that guy's a tool!

Hope you never meet Franz.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 15:50, Paul Budd wrote:

Wow you don't like his show big deal. He sure manages to sell a ticket or two at a time where most guys are looking for day jobs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
379 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Quote:
Hope you never meet Franz.

That makes two of us.

Quote:
Wow you don't like his show big deal. He sure manages to sell a ticket or two at a time where most guys are looking for day jobs.

I'd love to know how many repeat tickets he sells.
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2661 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2010-10-07 15:44, EventEntertainer wrote:
It would have been taped days ago, so the correct term would be "Ripped".

Ellen's show actually only tapes a day in advance in almost all cases (so if it tapes on Wednesday, it airs on Thursday, etc.)
I worked on the show for about six months so this was the schedule. Not that it would have left enough time to keep something from happening, but it's always possible! I saw a Tonight Show guest get replaced two hours before we taped once, and we only had 3 1/2 hours from when we finished taping to when we were airing on the east coast. It's magical Smile
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Wyrick "rips off" harary on Ellen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL