The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunting by Tony Chris & Christopher Taylor. The ultimate BIZARRIST'S & SEANCE WORKER'S haunted deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Boo!!!

I want to share with you all my latest creation along with my good friend Christopher Taylor. We have spent two years developing what is the worlds first "hands off" completely unattached, Haunted Deck.

It is one of the eeriest, visual magic animations that you can experience in a bizarre magic setting and especially for The seance workers who wish to conjure up the spirits of the departed.

Imagine a deck of tarot cards, aged playing cards, or a pile of vintage postcards or pictures of HAUNTED HOUSES, moving on your performance area in a very hauntingly, spooky, creepy and extremely eerie way. You are not attached to deck or stack by any means. No more thr--ds or thr--d breaking issues, lighting issues, angle problems or anything else you can dream of that has literally haunted many users of the haunted deck. These factors don't exist anymore with Haunting.

You can be up to 30 feet away if you want and still have complete control over the animation of the deck, starting them ans stopping them whenever you desire. We are very happy to offer the worlds first hands off, toe switch operated, electronic animated haunting deck. It is one of my absolute inclusions in all my bizarre shows and will be the highlight of my Halloween shows this year!

I hope you enjoy the video trailer. Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0at_K8D0tVo

Here is another video trailer of haunting that is more for the conventional magician of close up magic and street magic. As you can see from both trailers, they are quite different in possibilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbhlBogF_tE

Tony Chris
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
LOVE IT!!!!! Awesome, awesome, and awesome looking!
LarsRuth
View Profile
Loyal user
Frankfurt, Germany
212 Posts

Profile of LarsRuth
And when can we order the bizarre version? :o)
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Thanks Chad, I appreciate it my friend.

Hi Lars,

We are not selling a bizarre version of Haunting right now. What you see on the demo is versions that you can create with Haunting. On the instructional DVD, there is an entire section devoted to bizarre magic applications and we show you how to take the Haunting gimmick and make a customized version out of any regulation poker sized deck and even how to create your own normal or over-sized stack of Tarot cards as in the video OR out of any pictures, postcards or photos.

These customized bizarre Tarot and picture versions are all made one at a time by me and take a long time to put together except for the Ellusionist, series 1800's deck which only takes about 10 minutes to convert but is well worth one evenings work if it means that I will have a haunted stack of pictures or postcards moving in my bizarre show.

Unfortunately the overwhelming cost of production (and you would shocked if you knew just how much each unit costs after all is said and done) would be to immense to try and mass produce a bizarre version in the hundreds right off the bat. It just isn't possible due to the overwhelming number of steps needed to make Haunting financially feasible for us. Bicycle cards are very cost effective for us in bulk and are what will appeal to the masses so for us to try and make them out of anything else like Tarot cards at the moment would mean an enormous amount of extra cost alone just for the Tarot decks and such even if we could get them at wholesale cost. Something we may try in the future though if we have enough interest from the bizarrist community.

As I said, Haunting will come in standard Bicycle cards which is how we keep the cost down too but we teach you how to do the conversions on the DVD. As most bizarrists will want to have their own brand or style of Tarot, playing cards, or unique printed postcards or picture cards to compliment their story or show, they can make one up in about 2 - 3 hours and many pots of coffee and tea to pass the time. It will be a good nights work to make your own custom deck.

Perhaps if there is a very strong demand for a bizarre version of Haunting we may consider a small mass production of a hundred units in the future as that is minimum factory production run too, but that would mean, literally, we would need a commitment of at least 100 interested people to pre-order a bizarre version before we would even make the financial investment. Right now we are able to offer Haunting in standard packs of Bicycle playing cards for cost effectiveness but as I said, if someone wants to customize their own personalized bizarre stack, we show you how on the DVD.

Best,

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

Ms. Merizing
View Profile
Loyal user
Edwin Carl Erwin is digging postholes for
232 Posts

Profile of Ms. Merizing
I like how a stack of cards or photos will move under the weight of a candle stick or skeleton key with the Haunting effect. Lovely visual.
Pleased to continue finding that all the world's a stage.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-10-08 00:09, Ms. Merizing wrote:

I like how a stack of cards or photos will move under the weight of a candle stick or skeleton key with the Haunting effect. Lovely visual.

. . . or place a small skull on top of the deck . . . Imagination!!! Smile

Smile

Click here to view attached image.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Ustadd,

That is an amazing idea! I love it! Why the $%*% didn't I think of that!

I have the perfect little skulls too! I have a couple of the small crystal skulls and a couple of really nice stone carved ones too.

Great suggestion my friend,

Tony

Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
As you can see, converting Haunting to other decks such as the Illusionist deck or Tarot or your own printed stacks is more than possible and makes for a one of a kind customized piece of magic.

Thanks again to all the PM's I have received inquiring about Haunting. Please feel free to continue if anyone needs answers. I have received many PM's about how difficult it would be to convert Haunting into your own customized stack. It is not technically difficult at all but will take a couple of hours for a custom over sized printed stack of cards or postcards BUT to convert Haunting to something like Ellusionist's 1800 Series vintage aged deck, only takes about 5 - 10 minutes or even less. I converted one of my Ellusionist decks in less than 5 minutes.

Christopher will be launching our Haunting decks at Mindvention 2010. Unfortunately I won't be there to demo Haunting but drop by Taylor Imagineering's table to see Christopher performing Haunting, as I have performing commitments that weekend but for anyone attending the Tri-Cities Magic Convention here in Vancouver, Canada on the weekend of Nov 5 -7, I will be debuting the Canadian release at my dealer table.

I have now incorporated Haunting into one of my custom Halloween Seance shows for October 30 and am seeing if it is possible for me to video that event. I am working now with the promoters and if I can pull it off, I will post video of that event.

Bizarre/Spooky Haunting Trailer

Conventional Magic Haunting Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbhlBogF_tE

KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2258 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Are you kidding me !? That Bizarre You-Tube clip sent chills down my spine,

The candle stick and key addition make it even more dramatic and incredible.

Another almost immeasurable plus is the fact cards, post cards , pictures etc may be incorporated. This is the ultimate haunted deck it's true, but so much more as well.

spectacular!

Kotah
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-10-09 14:55, KOTAH wrote:

* That Bizarre You-Tube clip sent chills down my spine,

* The candle stick and key addition make it even more dramatic and incredible.

* Another almost immeasurable plus is the fact cards, post cards , pictures etc may be incorporated.

* This is the ultimate haunted deck it's true, but so much more as well.

Absolutely! I agree with you that this is TRUELY an 'Ultimate Haunted Deck'.

It can do so much and much more - Imagination is ones limit.

:xmas:
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Thanks Kotah and Ustaad,

As Ustaad mentioned, your imagination is the only limitation. I am currently working on a stack of picture cards for my Halloween shows in two weeks revolving around Haunting and involves old pictures of dead people that will play perfect for the seance show. Haunting is of course converted to this picture stack. I am looking for any suggestions on theatrics or ideas from anyone here on the Café.

This is a rough outline of the mini seance that I will be performing for rotating at a corporate event for groups of about 6 people every 10 minutes. I will be there for three hours and want to change the dynamics slightly for alternating shows. In other words, different ideas for different rotations of groups.

Mini Haunting Seance Outline.............

SETTING FOR THE CORPORATE EVENT

Imagine a very dark room that is decorated in Victorian decor with an old wooden table in the center and 7 chairs surrounding it. A candlelight seance is about to begin as the evenings entertainment for small groups of employees at a Halloween company event. I am the medium and will welcome my spectators as they enter the setting.

INTRODUCING THE SEANCE

I introduce myself the medium and explain to them that what they are about to see may spook them but it will be a very unforgettable experience. I start the seance with a very brief blessing of the surroundings and begin to tell my tale of the ghosts that we are trying to contact. I still need a really good hook here so I am looking for ideas about what relevance these dead people will play in the seance.

I begin the summoning as we all join hands and now the seance really begins. I will be incorporating a bit of spirit writing here and have not decided if I want to force the ghost card as that allows for a great climax with a prediction type ending or if I simply have the spectator freely choose the ghost card and have Haunting separate to their chosen card.

THE SEANCE SHOW BEGINS

The photos are shown and explained to be people who are purported to be famous ghosts from around the world. This actually helps in people remembering the faces too. A spectator chooses one and because they are famous people, it is very easy to remember their name just like remembering a playing card.

The spectators chosen photo is returned to the stack and mixed along with the rest. The name of the chosen ghost is written on paper (really Flash Paper) and folded into quarters. The magician/seance medium then takes the paper, holding it above the candle as it bursts into flames. This is of course quite visual in of itself but serves the purpose of escalating the drama and eventual climax of the stack separating.

I envision the stack separating to the chosen or forced picture and concluding the seance with that. Essentially the ghost has made contact and hopefully everyone is a wee bit creep-ed out.

Then I reset and perform it for the next group. I am hoping to add a slightly different routine for alternating groups.

Remember that sometimes, less is more in a seance and I don't want too much happening as the flash paper burst, story build up and final Haunting should be more than enough time to fill in the 10 minutes per group.

I am hoping to get some ideas though in presentation, additional ideas for brief seance occurrences etc.

Thanks to all and especially to anyone that can post some ideas for me.

Tony

Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Tony

I love this.

I would use the picture stack as follows.

Either force a picture or with a little pre-show set up and use the stack as a "first contact".

Seat the séance, do my intro, and show the pictures of possible spirit contacts, with the scripting of choice, discussing the pictures briefly as I show them to the seated group.

Once this is done, I'd set the stack and place it in the center of the table and place the candle on top lighting it, as I talk about drawing either the preselected or forced spirit toward the light to make contact.

Having the requisite séance props (bell, tambourine, etc already on the table I'd explain about their uses, and my hopes of the spirit making use of one of the objects to let us know he/she/it is in our midst (Rattle the tambo, ring the bell, toot a note on the harmonica, etc).

After the explanations, I'd go into the séance proper.

Join hands... do the blessing... attempt contact.... nothing.

THEN

“I ask the seven seated at this joining to focus on the light flickering atop the candle. Mentally call out to the spirit of the departed”.

“I call upon you to make yourself known to us”.

“Ring the bell... rattle the tambourine, play the harmonica.... even try to blow out the candle....if you have the power to do so... manifest yourself to us......”

“We call again on the spirit to come close... come to the light and let us know you are with us. “ (Getting more authoritative in the tone of my voice)

“Join us…. Join us in the circle of light… manifest to us… if you have the power” (slightly mockingly)

“We have closed this circle tonight to call forth your spirit. NO… we DEMAND you come forth”

As the stack and candle begin to move add appropriate theatrics and either end the séance here, or continue on with a standard routine.

JM2CW

Cheers
Frank
The Visitor
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of The Visitor
Nice Smile
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Ok that was creeeeeepy, I got goose bumps just reading I would hate to see it live............wait I would luv to see it live!
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hi Frank,

I love your ideas immensely about getting them to focus on the light and have the spirit being drawn into the light.

That is exactly what I needed for this. I can't believe I didn't think of that myself. It is perfect and of course really makes the whole candle aspect that much more a part of the seance rather than just another trinket on the table.

I will definitely use that in the seance as it is a splendid point.

Some totally awesome and narley ideas my friend! Thanks so much for that.

If anyone wishes to share any more ideas that would be wonderful!

Tony

Bizarre/Spooky Haunting Trailer

Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Focusing on the flame serves several purposes.

It has the eyes trying to focus on a moving target allowing for those that are susceptible to possibly drift into a light trance state.

Just staring at the flame lets the mind play tricks with shadows in the peripheral vision.

It serves as a "focus of mental energy" or a "doorway between worlds".

I'm wondering just how much more powerful this would be, added to a red light seance.

Something to experiment with.

Also for future.... add in the locking Talking slates mentioned in another thread and up the wow factor logarithmically.

Glad you liked the ideas.

Cheers
Frank
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
276 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
I got this at MindVention monday.. best Money I ever spent!!!

It will fool yourself the first time you do it.

Thanks to Tony and Christopher
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Thank you Tpratt 38.

I appreciate it. I wish I could have been there to demo it but I had previous magic bookings here in Vancouver that kept me here. Oh pooey!!! I am fixing to be there next year though!

One of the best attributes to Haunting other than its visually stunning qualities is that it is simple as pie to perform. It really is that easy to make it happen!

Glad you like it brother.

Tony

nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Looks nice. But why to much for a haunted deck. Just me. But it does look killer.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2220 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
why to much for a haunted deck. Just me. But it does look killer.

It is actually inexpensive for a radio controlled Haunted Deck.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunting by Tony Chris & Christopher Taylor. The ultimate BIZARRIST'S & SEANCE WORKER'S haunted deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL