The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk streamer production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I need to find a blank Temple Screen style silk producer. I already have and am familiar with, the Temple Screen and am currently using it in my program, I just would like to replace it with a more thematically appropriate version. With a blank one I could paint it any way I want to. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Samuel,
Am I missing something here?
Why not just redo the one you've got? It can be covered in paper, painted, covered with Contac paper, whatever.
Depending on what you wanted, it could even eliminate one step -- you wouldn't have to cover it twice!
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Or, if you just can't bear to put contact paper over that beautiful oriental decoration Smile go to the craft store and get some black foam-core board and bookbinder's tape or black gaffer's tape, not duct tape. Straight edge and an exacto knife to cut the foam-core. Then make your own based on the dimensions of the original.

I don't know who came up with it, but one of the best uses I've seen of Grant's Temple Screen principle is to decorate it as a restaurant menu. Menu is shown front and back, then a huge production of food items, a glass of wine, (use a rubber cover) etc... is made.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Peter,
I may just have to do that but I want to keep the one I have in good condition as is. I cannot make one due to the fact that I have zero skill in building. I can't even draw a straight line with a pencil, a ruler, and a head start. I did find a blank production screen, but the boards are black and for the decorations to really show I need white!!! Smile

Oh well: que sera, sera.

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Go to a picture frame shop. They should have it in white.

An alternative is to get a silk screen sign shop to sell you the plastic outdoor sign material that they print for political signs. It comes in sheets up to 4'x8' for about $30. They can also decorate it for you to match your show. That material picks up light well and gives the illusion of being something that can be seen through, or would at least show shadows. It will not!

Does that give you ideas?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sam,

What is up, you said you can paint it. When Peter and Dai suggested this, you said you can't. Come on!

What do you want? I have a like new Temple Screen that the FLAP needs to be re-attached. I will sell it to you for $20 plus $5 postage. You will have to fix it, I cannot find the matching flat black tape anywhere and I even contacted 3M.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk streamer production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL