The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » The Floating Ball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Who here might have an interest in creating
or having manufactured,
a very high-level Zombie Ball (none really exist now)
and working on a project to produce and sell an unique
and the definitive and complete Zombie Sets for
the professional magician and collectors of limited editions?

R&TII was going to venture into this until Jake had to sell.

Magically,
Walt
Spellbinder Entertainment
Author: Tales of Enchantment
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I really do not think there is a market for another Zombie Ball. If you remember the Tommy Wonder Zombie. I do not think many were sold for $300.00 then the Stevens Magic never supplied any after the 1st batch was sold. Wonder's ball had limited presentation possibilities built into it.

Your question does not explain exactly what you are speaking about, are you just thinking of making an ordinary Zombie Ball? No special features. What is really needed is the old extension gimmick. It was made years ago and noone has made it since.

Or are you suggesting a stage floating ball of large size. Owen's Magic already makes their Okito Floating Ball. It is high quality and is very expensive.

Elaborate if you care to express your idea.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

It is curious how many of your posts immediately follow mine, and what a significant difference of opinion we generally have.

No-- I do not mean an Okito style ball, and yes Owen makes a quality one. If you read my post you’ll see I clearly stated “Zombie.”

I also said “set” meaning more than a ball. This includes one of a kind unique and original thinking, ball, foulard, “stand” and gimmick. This is nothing like the Wonder or Losander balls.

Please do not attempt to discourage the readers here by suggesting there are more than enough Zombie balls already, none are currently made correctly. You also state there is no market; have you done the market research I have over the past several years? There is indeed a market or Jake would not have had in interest in the project.

Are you a metal worker or manufacturer? That would be the only reason I see for such a response. There I have “elaborated” as you dictated.

I so very much appreciate your thoughtful post, and suspect that I will see you soon, after my next posts.

Magically,
Walt
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-10-08 17:12, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:....I also said “set” meaning more than a ball. This includes one of a kind unique and original thinking, ball, foulard, “stand” and gimmick....

This sounds great. If you need a nice, rich looking wooden case with dovetailed corners to put it all in, let me know. Good luck with it.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Thanks Tabman, that WILL be a part of the mix! Walt
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I can always do the foulards.

BTW, I am checking with a friend to see if he would interested working on your project. He previously worked on Tommy Wonder's stuff.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Very cool, your foulards would be excellent,
I've had a few interesting PMs on other components too.

I'm hoping I can land a dealer/manufacturer/distributor type person to back this type of thing.

Without an ample budget and a marketing system in place it would not be a worthwhile
project.

Thanks, Walt
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Walt,
Can you give any indications of what will be special about your set as opposed to the ordinary zombies? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Need to see a demo of this idea. The Losander floating method, I for one do not care for it.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

I can't provide a video or explanation on the public forum or to individuals without a specific interest. And a demo would only show a performance, useless to the inner workings and secrets.

As it is proprietary, I don't want to release all the innovations, improvements, and method enhancements, to protect the idea (you know how manufacturers can be with rip offs.)

I will say that each and every component is different from others on the market, and unique to the set. That includes "base" style, ball, gimmick, foulard, presentations, not Losander or Wonder or Grant or any other maker.

Thanks, Walt
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Sounds great and there is always room for new ideas and changes in this type of ball.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
One feature I think would be good would be some way to keep the ball from slipping under the silk. Tommy Wonder used a pin I believe on top of the ball. Also perhaps more than one type of gimmick connections for the fingers.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Quote:
On 2010-10-19 13:37, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
I can't provide a video or explanation on the public forum or to individuals without a specific interest. And a demo would only show a performance, useless to the inner workings and secrets.

As it is proprietary, I don't want to release all the innovations, improvements, and method enhancements, to protect the idea (you know how manufacturers can be with rip offs.)

I will say that each and every component is different from others on the market, and unique to the set. That includes "base" style, ball, gimmick, foulard, presentations, not Losander or Wonder or Grant or any other maker.

Thanks, Walt

When and if you sell what price point will you put on the product?
flight10
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of flight10
I have used a few different floating balls in the past. My first was an india made themacoal ball with glitter paint. Then a Kwans floating ball. Tried the sphear that was sold by Tannen's but just did not like it. The last was Don Wayne's that I actually enjoyed. Our audience is well educated on magic principles so we are forced to lift our standards to keep ahead of the game. I believe that is exactly what you are trying to achieve. This will not only capture new buyers but give current owners an opportunity to upgrade their floating ball effect. Go for it Walt.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Elmwood Magic says they manufacter and market magician ideas. You could submit your idea to them for consideration.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I've seen Walt's innovations on the Zombie.. and every one of them makes for a better zombie. Are they groundbreakingly different? well.. if you take them on face value.. no. But.. they DO make for a better version of the effect... The quality of his foulard is second to NONE! Hands down the best around. The cloth, the workmanship and the design are all PERFECT!

The gimmick is well thought out and more useful and comfy than anything that's on the market currently.

I think he's onto something. His whole set with the box, the ball, the foulard and stuff will make new users wondering why their zombie wasn't that well made and beautiful and thought out YEARS ago.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2010-10-19 13:37, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:

Thanks, Walt

The biggest thing I would like to see improved over the standard Zombie is the gimmick. The one I have hurts like hell after a short while....
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Well, I love my zombie and would love to see brilliant improvements Smile How much I'd pay, Im not sure. Definitely not $300, Probably not $200. Something in the $100 - $150, perhaps if I thought it was really a significant improvement.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 4:45pm
Can you give us soem idea of what limitations these improvements address and/or what they allow that traditional ball and gimmick don't?
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » The Floating Ball (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL