The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Working a ding (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
There's been a lot of talk lately about working a ding with various types of sword box... I was wondering what exactly it is that is being shown?

I understand that the ding is the part when punters part with extra cash to see something else. But what do they see?

Are you exposing a trick? In the case of recent posters the sword box, basket... Etc...

I'm always on the look out to make extra cash and in the past I've used a zib as the blow off, when I'm not working it as a grind that is.

Cheers,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
You pretty much nailed it...
The "ding" with a bladebox/basket is that they get to see into the box/basket to find out how the girl contorts around the blades or the state of undress that the girl is in inside the box (Frequently items of clothing are removed so that she can "fit" better) Usually there is a good line and the folks are moved by pretty fast, so they only get a second to peek and frequently don't fully understand what they saw.
It is not one that we do, but we have indeed considered it!
Gwyd
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Gwyd, you'd look lovely in a blade box! I'd pay a quarter to see that!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
And I would pay you a dollar not to look.

I'm shy like that.
Gwyd
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Ros, what you do is get an aluminum dolly and hold it on the outside of the fender. Then, with a ball pein hammer you tap the dent from the inside out, letting the dolly keep the sheet metal flat as possible. To prevent a ding, make sure you park your car away from others so their door won't slam into it.

Oh wait... you were talking about something else.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
What Gwyd said applies to the sword basket version we do, too--I suppose it is revealing that the girl inside is not stabbed, but there is an old saying that goes, "Hey, Magic Boy, no one believes your sword basket, anyway."
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
There's an old line that was used when the remove of a duplicate costume is employed. Whomever is working the ding would say, "Please don't come up here if you want to see a naked girl in the box. This is not about that. So if you come up here to see a naked girl, I don't want to hear about it."

This covers the fact that the girl is not naked.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Wow! I got something right? Cheers for the added info on what it is.

Nips, as always you're a wealth of knowledge. I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm at a mall parking the van Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Working a ding (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL