The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Doug Henning? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tony660
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of tony660
Years ago during the Doug Henning TV specials I had them all on Beta. I also erased all of them years ago (foolish) and was wondering are these shows available for sale and does anyone know where they can be obtained.

Thanks,

Tony
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
What a fool. You could have been our hero and had them downloaded on DVD and made a fortune. I have not come across all episodes of his specials. Some you can download on Youtube, but they are poor copies and do not show complete shows.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2711 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-10-08 19:49, mtpascoe wrote:
What a fool. You could have been our hero and had them downloaded on DVD and made a fortune. I have not come across all episodes of his specials. Some you can download on Youtube, but they are poor copies and do not show complete shows.

That would depend on if the could get the rights from the network the specials aired on, and/or the blessings of Henning's family. I don't believe you can sell any network's televisions series. Or specials without the consent of the network on which they aired.
tony660
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of tony660
Had them all, now I am looking to pay anything for them. I guess I needed the tapes back then.
Jacques
View Profile
Loyal user
North
211 Posts

Profile of Jacques
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
This was not his finest hour or even thirty seconds for that matter.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4734 Posts

Profile of landmark
Whoa . . . tell me that was an SNL spoof . . . please!
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Wish it was. Unfortunately, he did he rep a little harm. But those that have vivid memories of his tv specials and his live performances just look past that and remember the terrific performer that was Doug Henning.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
You can get two of his DVD's on Amazon.com
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
677 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Doug is going to be honoured by the Canadian Walk of Fame this weekend. The television broadcast of the ceremony will air on Wednesday, October 20 on CTV (Canadian network).

According to David Ben (Tricks & Tweets), there will be a short video tribute which will include clips from the TV specials.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
omk
View Profile
Regular user
Florida's Space Coast
108 Posts

Profile of omk
Apparently it is on at 9 pm tomorrow (Wed.) evening on Global TV of Canada.

Since many of us can not get the show here in the US, can someone record the Henning segment and put a link to it here?

Please & Thanks! Smile
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
677 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Dodd Vickers posted the video earlier today: http://bit.ly/bxOIwE
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Unfortunately, because we're lame-a_s_s Canadians, nobody felt it was important to invite any of Doug's family to the event.

IMHO, this renders the award disingenuous to the max.

Unbelievable.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/8773......est-list
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I wonder why David Ben didn't contact any of the family. This is very unlike him, unless he has had some kind of negative dealings with them in the past. I just can't imagine this at all.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
I'm not sure how much of his family remains; has a long-time friend of his I know that his father was a commercial airline pilot that died in a horrible airplane crash while Doug was still a kid.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
He's got lots of family.......read the article.

If you're a friend of his, you know he's got sisters, a wife, nieces, nephews..........of course he's got family.
John Cox
View Profile
Elite user
Studio City, CA
494 Posts

Profile of John Cox
I think The Magic Castle might have them in their library. Not for sale, but they can be viewed if you're a member.
Please visit my blog

WILD ABOUT HARRY
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I have some great footage of Doug when he helped me with some PSA's back in the 80's. I taught him the $100 bill switch and he just could not get it on tape. Later that day he performed it flawlessly on Carson. I show some of these clips when I do my lectures. If I am scheduled to do a lecture at your club, let me know if you want me to bring it.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
whall212
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of whall212
I have 7 Doug Henning Specials on DVD- converted from VHS - they are amazing! Great seeing Dough Again. Bill
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
THE magician responsible for brining magic back into American theater experience and tv reality. Unlike some magic magazine publishers opinions, Doug started it all back in 1976. Once heard a Hollywood Magic Castle veteran member say, as he was looking up at a Doug Henning Poster next to the Dining Room, "David Copperfield should thank Henning everyday for his career".
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Doug Henning? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL