The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » L&L Publishing, Banachek, Richard Osterlind, etc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Having been to about 20 L&L shoots, I can honestly say that nobody EVER asked me to react a certain way or paid me. I drove 200 miles each may to get to the shoots for the love of magic. I always reacted genuinely and it seemed to me that everyone there was just having a great time...being fed well might have helped ;-)
But the best part was getting to watch world-class talent performing for a small audience that I was a part of.
Just my 2 cents...

Kaylan
jeffdell
View Profile
New user
Nashua, NH
66 Posts

Profile of jeffdell
Its interesting to hear everyone's input on this topic. I have two opinions on this (only two):

1) People behave differently when they are on camera versus when they are not. I don't think its a conscious decision by the spectators, but I do think they "ham it up" when the camera is rolling.

2) L&L has found a consistent group of spectators that really enjoy magic. Where many audiences are a cross section of people from people who love magic to people that are only casual observers of magic, all the L&L spectators are people who really appreciate and love magic. Thus L&L is making sure that every spectator is one that will respond in a big way. People like Frank, Scotty, David, Janelle, etc really do enjoy seeing good magic and I think there responses show the highest potential effect a magician can have on the right audience. The key being a strong performance on the right audience.

My two cents Smile
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
I've always wondered - how can one be a part of the L/L audience during a shoot?
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
Seems like I remember a syndrome from DSM-IV in my Ab Psych class that talked about behavior being changed when the subject knows they are being watched. Any help current or past Psych majors?
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
rocky424
View Profile
New user
Boca Raton, FL
54 Posts

Profile of rocky424
Not quite sure of the syndrome, but socially it's called the Hawthorne effect - where people change or improve their behavior when they know they are being 'studied', common in workplaces or during experiments
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1582 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
This is an old thread, but looking at John Mendoza DVD's I can say he has the two nicest looking girls sitting at his left and right, mainly the short hair woman on his left
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-09-01 11:39, pabloinus wrote:
This is an old thread, but looking at John Mendoza DVD's I can say he has the two nicest looking girls sitting at his left and right, mainly the short hair woman on his left

John mentioned to me that her feet were......very attractive!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » L&L Publishing, Banachek, Richard Osterlind, etc. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL