We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » MarcoM the Mountebank -- Ralph A. Marcom is ill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My dear friend and BFAM, Ralph A. Marcom, AKA MarcoM the Mountebank is not doing well at all. Sometime this past week, about Wednesday or Thursday, he suffered a massive stroke. His neighbors noticed that the newspapers had been gathering on his yard, so they went to check on him.

He is in the hospital in Paris, Texas, in the same ICU where his late wife Gloria Jacobson Palmer Marcom breathed her last. He is not expected to recover.

Although Ralph is an Atheist, I know that his family will appreciate any prayers you might send his way.

I'll keep everyone posted.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Sad news indeed. TAOM just won't be the same without Dr. Marcom.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Marcom expired this morning at 4:00. He made it to the 13th. He would have liked that.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Very sad news. Thank you Bill, I know he was a friend.
youngmagjar
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of youngmagjar
I just found this out and my heart is broken. Ralph & Gloria were two of my closest friends. I remember how they took me under their wings at FISM in '85 and how they loved me as if I were a son or brother. I remember ordering a beer in Madrid, but instead of saying "Cerveza" I said "Cueva". Ralph informed me that I had just ordered a cave. For years after when I went to visit him or we saw each other at a convention he always said, "May I offer you a cave, my friend"? Well, I sit here with a six pack of caves right now and with tears in my eye I lift one up in salute to one of my favorite people that I was blessed to know in this life. Luv ya, Ralph! Tears are flowing down my face.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sad news indeed, he was a one of a kind and the mold was broken when he was born.
He will be missed. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » MarcoM the Mountebank -- Ralph A. Marcom is ill (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL