The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sherwood Aluminum and Nickel Plate Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
729 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
To those who may be interested, there are new products at http://sherwoodmagic.com/

Featherweight Aluminum Cups - $225
Nickel Plate Cups - $345
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'll have photos of these very soon.

And the cups to go with them, as well!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Are they engraved?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
No.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Beautiful. As is everything Brett makes. I don't care for lightweight cups, but the finish on those aluminum cups is very nice.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Those look quite nice. The nickel ones really speak to me, though I am still saving up for a set of engraved cups.

John
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My new Sherwood cups came in the mail this morning. As usual, Brett packed these in such a way that they could have survived a journey through the gold mines of India on that cart from the Indiana Jones movie.

I received the nickel-plated cups, the featherweight aluminium cups and the featherweight combo aluminium cups.

The nickel-plated cups are really nice. They feel like the rest of the Sherwood line. They weigh about 6.3 oz. each. The finish is beautiful.

The aluminium cups have a satin finish. They weigh about 2 oz. each, except for the chop cup, which is a bit heavier. They handle well, and you can do all your favorite moves with them, including the roll back.

In either case, the cups are well worth the price. The new bags are made of a very soft silk velvet. The ends of the cords are silver plated, and the insides of the bags are finished with cloth over the seams, so that they will last even longer than before.

All I can say is "Well done, Brett!"
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Quote:
The ends of the cords are silver plated, and the insides of the bags are finished with cloth over the seams, so that they will last even longer than before.

Bill, that's a nice touch, I have a few bags that shed lint onto the balls when you take them out of the bag. That's the kind of attention to detail I like...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
He has actually used wrapped wire in a conical form to make the new ends of the cords.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
I am torn between purchasing the Nickel Plate Cups and Copper Cups. Are the Nickel Plate cups as durable? I need some expert advice please.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
The finish of the Sherwood nickel cups is nonpareil. I will have more to say about that soon, I hope, but at this point let me just add that the proprietor of a long-established nickel-plating business told my physician, who showed him one of these cups, that he could hardly believe that the cup was nickel-plated rather than with silver or German silver, and that the beautiful polish of the interior was phenomenal - something that would be very difficult to achieve.
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Thank you, decided to go with the smooth copper. I am sure that the nickel plated cups are great though.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13357 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The shape of the nickel plated cups seems very different to me. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
The area above the top bead seems more angular and less curved than the other cups.

Anyone else?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
cwcoe
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of cwcoe
I agree. The featherweight aluminum cups look more angular as well. All the others appear to be more rounded above the bead.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
They look the same to me. The engraved cups can confuse the eye a bit, especially the ones with the engraved bottoms.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
The reflections from the satin aluminum and shiny nickel surfaces are also somewhat different, and that might account for the way they look in the small pictures.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sherwood Aluminum and Nickel Plate Cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL