We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Small Ditch Bag Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
298 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
I found this at an auto parts store, and thought that I would share my uses with you.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/......2013____

I also bought some self-adhesive Velcro strips, and placed them (horizontally so the can can still collapse for storage) on one side of the container. This way it can be attached to the outside of my small Lefler table, and act as a prop holder for Cut and Restored Rope, and scissors, and any other smaller props. This frees up the inside of my Lefler table for larger prop management. Not to mention, it also limits a number of trips behind the table, (which done too often in a performance, just looks bad). Finally, it also serves as a ditch bag for many small items, along with the cut kiwi in my Bill in Kiwi routine.

I realize that a larger version of this product is, or has been used by other performers as a ditch bag. Just thought I'd share some ideas for the smaller one.

Best,
Brian
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5771 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Be sure to test the strength of the velcro, before using it in a show. You may have to stitch the velcro to the bag. I once velcroed a cup holder to a prop case, so that I had water available during my set. The adhesive could only hold an ounce, so the small cup of water hit the floor.
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
298 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
I probably will stitch the velcro as a precaution, Alan. Good point!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22928 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That is a very good find. Thanks.

Always use the velcro that is labeled industrial strength. It also says it has to set for up to 12 hours to have a good bond.
Pat Perry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pat Perry
Great idea. Thank you for sharing!
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
303 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Brian,

Thanks for sharing this information. I've got a few of those bags that are larger and have been looking for one that size for a few months. Never would have thought of an Auto store. I'll have one tomorrow.

Thanks again,
David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
298 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
David, glad to be of help. I have mine attached to my Lefler table, and it's very handy.

wmhegbli and Pat Perry, Thank you for the kind words.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Wmhegbli has it right. I would recommend that if you are planning to attach adhesive velcro or a similar product to any surface that is painted or that has a lumpy contour, you use a couple of pop rivets to hold it in place. I've had adhesive give way when it really shouldn't have. The heat of the sun when performing outdoors can cause undesirable results, such as loosening of adhesives.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
298 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Good thinking, Mr. Palmer! Heat can play heck with most adhesives.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Great find, Brian. I have purchased a number of these in a larger size at "Camping World", but it's nice to see a smaller version!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
298 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Thanks, Sammy. I may have to look into getting a large one, too. I'm sure it would come in handy at some point.

I really do like the small one attached to my Lefler table. It holds my rope and shears for a Cut & Restored Rope routine for the first part of the show, and then serves as a ditch bag for the latter half.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Small Ditch Bag Idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL