The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Show types: By Magic or by Event? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I've been thinking about this lately and haven't come to a conclusion. Do you feel it is best to describe the shows you do on your website by type of magic (close up, walk around, stage, etc.) or by type of event (Birthdays, Corporate, etc)? I've seen people do both, but I honestly can't be sure how a lay person shops for magic shows.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
How about a double description, or saying it twice. For example:

"Dave's close-up magic will keep your restaurant patrons entertained and keep them from b!+c#!n& about YOUR extremely s l o w service."

Or:

"Dave's walk-around style of magic is perfect for your company's hospitality room at your next 'excuse for salespeople to get drunk' convention."

You may not want to use my exact words, but you get what I mean. Smile

Beano
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I had this same dilemma while designing my website. I ended up listing both options and letting the user decide how they want the information.

You can see what I mean at http://www.BCmagician.com.

Hope that helps!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe it is better to mention the events. Although as in banquet show it could be either close-up or stage/parlour magic. This may be best left to when the potential client calls.

Many magicians today are doing both at all their events. This gives a get-acquainted period before the actual stand-up show. They seem to think it is better then doing a warm-up period before a show. Plus it helps them justify a higher fee.

Most lay people do not understand the meaning of our jagon, so using these terms is really meaningless, when explaining your actions it may be better to say, "One on one magic tricks."
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
First my client type (corporate buyer, school buyer, birthday show buyer, etc) then by services for that client type. I think that each client type should have its own web page - or even better their own web site.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
All of the marketing literature tells you to market by benefits, not by features. This would translate onto your website. Customers may or may not know what a "platform show" is, for example, but they know what types of events they are going to host. It is up to you to educate them as to what types of shows you can do to "fit" their event.

Bob Phillips
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Show types: By Magic or by Event? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL