The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Single Color Sterling Chinese Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WanderingMagician
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of WanderingMagician
A few years back I bought a copper silver brass set in which the chinese coin and the fake were only of one colour (i.e. all brass). I'm fairly convinced that the chinese coin is of the Sterling design (the chinese symbols look the same and size and weight seem the same too). I have only ever seen black and brass Sterling chinese coins though. Having lost my ordinary chinese coin of the set I am currently left chinese coinless.

Does anyone know if single colour (all brass) sterling chinese coins can be purchased? If not (perhaps I bought a duff set), how can I colour my CSB gimmick so that it is black and brass, as so that it would match a regular black and brass sterling chinese coin? I'd hate to ruin the gimmick.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
No, you didn't get a reject set. Sterling originally made the set with brass and black Chinese coins, then switched to an all-brass coin for a while because it was cheaper to make, and then switched back to a brass and black coin (but this time it wasn't as good as the original brass and black one).

I have all three versions, including the all-brass version which I personally dislike because I think the contrast of brass and black is much more visual and makes the trick more effective.

If you're interested, I may have an extra all-brass coin, and if I do, I'll send it to you for nothing more than the cost of shipping as I don't use it. PM me if interested.

Alternatively, you can have a jeweler blacken parts of your coin...I forget the technical name of the process, but jewelers will know.

Regards, Larry D.
Magyckmyke
View Profile
New user
Lafayette La
57 Posts

Profile of Magyckmyke
You might also check out the paints dept at a local Michaels or Hobby Lobby.They sell some enamel paints that you bake to set.These are very durable and can handle a lot of handling You can also order them from http://www.plaidonline.com
PS They also carry a flesh color in these paints that will work great on coins.
Alexander the Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Alexander the Magician
I'm uncertain as to what exactly you need, but check out the "Cinese Coin Mystery" It basicly a four coin and shell set of chinese coins, all one color.

I'm not sure, but I hope that helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Single Color Sterling Chinese Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL