The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Need Help Identifying this table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
753 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Everyone I picked this table up at an estate sale. I don't know its history but it appears to have had a device built into the table at one time but is now missing.
Do any of you know who built these, about when and what they are worth?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll196......001A.jpg
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Hmmm, based on the photo, it looks to me like the old commercial "Pong" tables that bars, resturants & video parlors used to carry. I'm not 100% though.

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
753 Posts

Profile of 61magic
No not a pong table this is a magicians table on castors. It is very well made and the finish is quite good.
It also came in an Encore case for transportation, the only thing I know on the history is it belonged to a magician and he purchased it new from the original builder.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22388 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Never seen a table like this, it may have been a custom build. Encore is no longer in business, so you can't inquire with them.

It may just be a manipulation table being it has a large opening, unless something was to go on top of that hole.

It is worth what you paid for it as you do not have the original information and instructions and no history as to what is was for. It does look nice. I would say it was very expensive as plexi work is not cheap.

Hope you find out more info about it, you should inquire more from the place or person you got it from. Find out who the Estate person is and get ahold of the family.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
753 Posts

Profile of 61magic
It is not made of plexi it is all wood with a high shine finish.
The inside had some kind of a mechanism but I'm not sure what it was.
The entire unit looks very robotic like.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22388 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Aren't those plexi bars on the lower part of the table legs?

I think you only got part of a trick. This is what happens at many estate sales the people do not know or care what they have, they are only interested in getting the money, not anything else.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
753 Posts

Profile of 61magic
The bars are some kind of plastic pipe with chrome like covering.
I did get a PM from a guy saying he thought there was a magician a few years back that had a robot like act that make tables like this but wasn't sure.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
From the looks of it I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was the base for a vanishing dove cage.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
753 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Mystery solved. The table was built by Mike Michaels you can find out more on his web site.
http://www.mikemichaels.net/html/tablesgallery.htm
While this is not complete it is a great table, I my offer it for sale on the Café if there is any interest.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've seen Mike's tables before in Vegas. They're beautiful.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22388 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
$650 for a side table! $220.00 for the case. WOW!
Al Leach
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Al Leach
Very nice find, congratulations Smile didn't Lance Burton use those on a tv special?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-10-14 20:15, wmhegbli wrote:
Never seen a table like this, it may have been a custom build. Encore is no longer in business, so you can't inquire with them.

It may just be a manipulation table being it has a large opening, unless something was to go on top of that hole.

It is worth what you paid for it as you do not have the original information and instructions and no history as to what is was for. It does look nice. I would say it was very expensive as plexi work is not cheap.

Hope you find out more info about it, you should inquire more from the place or person you got it from. Find out who the Estate person is and get ahold of the family.

Encore Magic is out of business, but Encore Cases seems to be doing fairly well. Check out their web site http://www.giantcases.com
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1581 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
61Magic,

Nice table. Are you going to call the creator to see what can be done to complete it? It looks awesome. I wonder if he can make one for the Master Prediction System.

Patrick
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
753 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I actually sold the table in October, I haven't had a manipulative act for many years so I didn't have a use for it.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1581 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
61Magic,

I guess I should probably look at the date of the post. Anyway, Happy New Year!

Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Need Help Identifying this table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL