The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Meeting in NYC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Christian & Katalina
Next week Kat and I will be performing in NYC, we have a college gig, a Corporate Gig, and we will be playing at the Friar's club. If there is a gathering place somewhere in NYC for the mentalists/magicians, we sure would like to stop by and have some fun.

We plan on taking in some shows ourselves. Last time we saw "Wicked", which by the way was absolutely awesome. It has been suggested to us to see "Jersey Boys" any other suggestions?

I think we will also try and see Quantum Eye...any reviews for that?

Tonight we will be performing in Virginia...ugg the long drives while being on tour.

Hopefully we will be able to connect with a couple of Café people.

Also we will be lecturing on our new book "Protoplasm" at Denny and Lee's on the 24th.
Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism 2011
The Annemann Award for Menatalism 2016
Author of "Protoplasm" Close-up Mentalism
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2010-10-15 09:20, Christian & Katalina wrote:
I think we will also try and see Quantum Eye...any reviews for that?

I saw Quantum Eye about 3 years ago. I don't know how much the act may have changed since then.

I found Mr. Eaton's stage persona to be energetic and amiable. As the evening went on he would also show himself to be a performer with a great deal of patience as far as dealing with some of the volunteers, including a spectator from hell who didn't know a spade from a club (So much for the notion that a pack of cards contains 52 familiar objects!) nor did this fellow know the difference between clockwise and counter-clockwise in a followup effect. Despite this tremendous handicap, Mr. Eaton was able to bring a successful conclusion to both effects and had the crowd squarely on his side from that point on.

After the show, Mr. Eaton met and greeted people leaving the theater. He seemed as friendly in person as he is on stage and was surprisingly candid in his replies to people's questions. The message he seems to want to deliver through his show is, "don't let people con you."
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Good luck Christian and Katalina!!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Mind Guerrilla, thanks for the review. We have a early corporate speaking event today...so we will try and make it to that show tonight.

Paul..thanks as always..maybe we will try and make it up to Boston on this run.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Double check about the performance for Quantum Eye. The theater has been padlocked by the landlord. Sam might have moved the show, but I don't know. If you are around later this week, we start previews for Play Dead on Thursday.
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Todd, thanks for the heads up on the Quantum Eye as it was in a different performance space. Not to worry about "Play Dead" as I already have tickets for it in November.... yes we will be back in NYC for some more work next month. And.. I would not miss Play Dead as Kevin Burke told me it was absolutely a not-to-miss show and I would be nothing short of a troll if I miss it.
thequantumeye
View Profile
New user
New York
11 Posts

Profile of thequantumeye
Hi Christian & Katalina! My name is Mimi and I work with Sam Eaton and The Quantum Eye. We have moved the show to a temporary venue. If you're interested in coming tonight (October 23), please contact me directly at (347) 294-0092. The show will start at 5:30pm and runs about 75 minutes with no intermission. Sam and I would love to meet you!
Sam Eaton
Website: www.thequantumeye.com - Blog: www.thequantumeye.com/quantumthoughts
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCk-s41vmvg
The Quantum Eye Saturdays at 5 PM at:
Theatre 80 Saint Marks
thequantumeye
View Profile
New user
New York
11 Posts

Profile of thequantumeye
And here is Sam. Mimi is my partner and other half and really looks nothing like me. We managed to secure a temporary space (until we know what is happening with Bleecker Street) six blocks from our old digs and have been able to continue the show and accommodate all of our pre sales without interruption. Zinc Bar is a very different space and the show will be different as well, but that is nothing new. We've been on 7 stages (I guess this makes 8) in the last 5 years of performing the regular weekly show and we have changed the content in each location.

Guerilla: I appreciate your comments. I have tried to make that "don't let people con you" message as explicit as possible and despite stating that I am deceiving the audience and ending my show with a banner that says "just ask questions" I am still asked "At what age did you receive your powers?" Ah well...
Sam Eaton
Website: www.thequantumeye.com - Blog: www.thequantumeye.com/quantumthoughts
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCk-s41vmvg
The Quantum Eye Saturdays at 5 PM at:
Theatre 80 Saint Marks
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Sam,

When they ask me what age I received my powers, I tell em at Birth, lol !!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Meeting in NYC (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL